drivers

jcon891

Daemon Poster
I need to find drivers for Intel D845GRG onboard sound... i already tried the ones from intels website, and they didnt work... kept saying "Driver could not be found!" during the setup.

Assuming you have XP Pro your driver for your AC97 onboard sound can be found here

Edit: When requesting help of this nature please supply more detail of your system spec's (my crystal ball is in the shop so I have to resort to guess work :D )
jcon89 said:
... i already tried the ones from intels website, and they didnt work... kept saying "Driver could not be found!" during the setup.
How are you attempting to install this driver???

thats the exact driver i already downloaded, and it didnt work.. "Driver could not be found! please restart your system and start this setup again" was the error I got. Can u walk me through installing the driver so i know i'm doing it right?

i downloaded it, unzipped it, and i went to Start>Run>C:\DOCUME~1\Joe\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup
(thats where it was extracted to)
then it loaded 1 bar in the setup, and i got that error. (doesnt matter how many times i restart, it still won't work)

unzip it to c:unzipped (winzip default) and double click the .exe file. It will be a self extracting file, forget about start > run > etc

yea but when i do that, i cant find the folder it was extracted to so i can double click the exe file....

say what? when you unzip it winzip will have a button that says "Open Folder" use that or use Windows Explorer to navigate to c:unzipped.

it doesnt have a button that says "open folder", and its impossible to use Windows Explorer, because the folder that it says the file was extracted to , is hidden.. i think.. all i know is, its not there

If you are unzipping it to Temp files the folder will be hidden for sure, if you unzip it to c:unzipped the folder shouldn't be hidden, if by some weird chance it is hidden go to control panel > folder options > view > scroll down and click the radar button that says "Show hidden files and folders"

EDIT: I have to go get ready for work, I'll be back in 10 minutes or so to see how you got on

Back
Top Bottom