winamp and speaker problem

dude_se

Proper Legend
just formatted my pc. everything seems fine apart from when i play songs in winamp the sound only comes out my main speakers and quietly comes out the other one. in wmp and other progs the sound works fine. winamp used to work fine and i installed the same way. what could be wrong?

I'm guessing you have surround sound speakers?

Well, first of all, go into Properties from Options in Winamp, and go to the Direct Sound options, etc from the Output part of the menu. There may be some options you can change, depending on what drivers running the sound.

Plus, you should be able to turn on Surround options, etc if the driver you are using support it.

If its not using Direct Sound. I think thats the better option to have on, though it depends which the program decides to use.

I hope this helps.

i dont have surround sound.just 2 logitech speakers, nothing fancy. hmm i see an options menu but theres only preferences in that, not properties + i cannot see any speaker options... dunno where to look. thanks for the help so far

Sorry, this confused me:

"sound only comes out my main speakers and quietly comes out the other one"

And yeah, sorry, I did mean Preferences. I get mixed up with so many programs around.

Are you sure all the volumes are set right in Volume Control?

Have you tried Media Player?

yea ive tried media player. im sorry i confused you. the sound works fine for anything else inc windows sounds but just in winamp its bust. i cant see anything that needs to be changed

Theres a volume control in Winamp which may be affecting it, and also a balance.

Open Winamp, and go to View, Equaliser.

A drop down menu should then appear on the program itself (as long as its not docked).

If it isn't there, there should be an arrow on the bottom right of the player which will bring it down.

Here, you'll find a balance leveller, and it may be positioned more towards one speaker than the other. If so, centre it, so it reads centre on the display.

Hopefully then, your problem will be sorted.

I hope this helps.

your a star!!! was just centered to one speaker. cheers mate. as your a moderator you can lock this if you feel there is need to

Back
Top Bottom