Massacre in Iraq

root said:
or it could have just been a mistake to put the soldiers out there in the first place.

Well, I don't think it was a mistake in the first place, But we arent needed now, they have legs to stand on, How do we expect them to actually stand on those legs if we dont back off and let them grow.

Paradox said:
The United States Response:

Dispicable. These Marines have a craving for murder, It is how they are trained. (Believe me, it's true) They are just going to let them sit over there, waiting, with a loaded gun.. It's not right, They need to bring these troops back to America. This "Mistake" as they call it was no more than some buddies getting revenge. I'm not saying that it is right that marine to have been killed, But good god. Innocent lives..

It personally makes my heart ache thinking about all those people. Specifically the children.. Can you immagine? We shouldn't be over there.

I know you said not to express political ranting, But the ONLY reason Our President has our troops over there is in hopes of gaining personal profit off of the oil he can find in Iraq, and the military oppertunity to "keep an eye" on Iran.

It's just horrible

You can get one of the latest articles on the incident here:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/us...s-says-iraqi-pm/2006/05/31/1148956417430.html

DISPICABLE???

The Children and families over thier are no less trained than the marines to kill. If they are told to do something by someone in a higher religious position than them they will most likely do it.

Blah blah blah my best friends a marine so what, forget all that "i know them better than you junk"

These people's lives are not easy, they live in the slums just as much as the iraqie people, yet they still portray the authoritive figure every day attempting to help these people lives the lives they should be able to live, without the fear of a "Higher Power" striking down on them for disobeying.

If those *blank* *blank* killed one of my buddies they would go down, everyone in the general area i gaurentee it.

You need to watch yourself and get your facts straight buddy.

You don't seem to understand. Iraqi does not mean Taliban.
That Kind of Racism is disrespectful and uncalled for

The ones that those Marines killed were not the ones that attacked their comrade. They were INNOCENT CIVILIANS

If you want to start a flame war you better stfu and gtfo.

hmm... ok, well... How can you tell? Who killed that marine? You Cant tell. Does it say Taliban somewhere on their shirts? No... There is no way to tell, imagine your in a room with a 6 people and 3 of them are trying to kill you, but heres the catch, they all look like your family members, and only 3 of them are. Seems like it would be a hard decision to me, and to be honest, freaking out and making mistakes would be a likely reaction for any human being.

BTW i wasnt intending on being racist, i was directing my comments towards the people trying to KILL OUR SOLDIERS!

They did this a day after the event happened. It wasn't a reaction and they just started shooting.

Those people were begging for their lives when they did that. You can tell the difference between a child face in the dirt begging not to be killed, and a man with an Ak draped around his body.

Well it comes down to this, our life or the people who are trying to kill us's lives.

I choose life, if these people dont want us to hurt them, want us to respect them, then they should start fighting with us, helping us take out the ritious murderers of our brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers.

This is a war. WAR, look it up in the dictionary, if the people of iraq did not want this war, then they should have done something about it, spoke up, faught for their rights and their beliefs against the war.

Big Bad America does not take it in the rear and sit back down, if they want war, if they want to take out our citizens, if the taliban wants to take us out, then go ahead and try, instead of hiding from us like sewer rats.

Dont you get it? They killed people THAT DIDNT DO ANYTHING

Do you not understand what the word innocent means or soemthing?

Their friend died, They went out the NEXT day, and killed people that had NOTHING to do with it.

How many different ways Do I need to explain this to you before you understand?

Ok, It's a war you say? So lets say.. There were american troops and taliban troops in your town.

Now immagine if you will, that one of our troops killed a taliban shoulder by blowing him up.

A day passes, then all of a sudden with no warning whatsoever those taliban shoulders come walking up into your house and your neighbors house and just shoot everyone. Unarmed people, Who had nothing to do with it. You are powerless to stop them in any way.

Not such a good thing anymore now is it? It's the same thing, those people that died didnt do anything wrong at all. American government tries to say that we're trying to help establish a democracy over there, get their economy running. Yet our soldiers kill the people we are trying to help. Those people were not soldiers. They were people just like you.

Innocents.

Civilians.

exactly...
not every irish man is a member of the IRA, and not every irish man plants nail bombs in pubs in London. but some are, some do...
that doesn't mean that you should hate and label every person from a particular country as a terrorist.

At the same time, not every soldier that is out there is really fighting for peace, and not every soldier there really upholds the ideals that they are supposably fighting for, racism is rife in the armed services.

As for pulling out, I agree with the polititians that suggest that the country is still to instable, I mean imagine what would happen if every piece of stable law in that country just disappeared overnight apart from a few hasitly trained policemen! all that would happen is that the old regieme would simply set up again, or a new regime worse than the old one, some random militant group would just move into the country hoping to sieze power of the people (and money) (and oil).

xguynameddavex do ytou not realise that in killing the innocent civillians (i.e by gunning down children who can't even talk yet) it's actually the US marines who are the enemies of their country, it's the US marines who are killing their brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers. (and sons and daughters and babies).

The people of iraq had no chance to speak up either against sadam hussaions regime (through fear of death), or against the war (they had no political voice).
certainly they didn't have a voice that was listened to even if anything was said!

Paradox, he won't understand, he's got no intention of understanding, if he sees one of these people wearing a turban he'll immediatly think he's a member of the taliban, (desipte the fact that the taliban were ruling in afganistan and not iraq, and despite the fact that sadam hussain was the leader of the baith party and not the taliban, he just sees an arabic man and assumes he must be the enemy...
fanatisism on either side, is a bad thing, but you can't reason with a fanatic!

Well Said, Well Said.

I agree with all yours points. I suppose if we did pull out now it could cave in. But Things like this keep on happening it will only get worse. They are there to defend, not attack.

Back
Top Bottom