First Build....Am2??

Yeah. On a side note, the new AM2 processors will also be equipped with on die temperature sensors to allow accurate readings of CPU temperature.

Should be good :)

I'll have to get onto research with all the new PC advancements coming into play. I feel behind the times :p

ok guys i think im going to stick with am2...so just a 3200+ and a msi mobo for now...what do u guys think of msi mobos?...u think it will perform fine?? thx :D

Xiggy said:
ok i was jw...because in the future i wouldnt have to worry about buyin a new mobo or ne thing :D...but i guess ill stay with 939 :D

AM2 is gonna be a flop FYI. AMD had there day in the sun. The future is Conroe. Long live Intel :p :p

I think that the AM2 processor will be good down the road, but right now you wouldn't really see that much of a performance boost. If you looked at the benchmarks that were previously posted, the 939 socket processors beat the AM2 socket by a landslide. It uses ddr2, but its not really utilizing it to its full potential. I think you'd be better off with a X2. There will be a time for AM2 but right now its not it!

I think your decisions made :p

Go for AM2, and then you will be set for the future.

Back
Top Bottom