First Build....Am2??

dude. all the people that are helping u say go am2. so just take a (very little) risk and get am2. i am. i think.

The existing 939 Athlon and Sempron processors will continue to be somewhat popular but AMD roadmaps have already shown the company plans to phase out Socket 939 in favor of Socket 754 as a DDR1 standard solution. AMD is also beginning to phase out Socket 940 in favor of LGA DDR2 Socket F, which is expected to ship this July. So with that in mind, go with the AM2.

TRDCorolla said:
The existing 939 Athlon and Sempron processors will continue to be somewhat popular but AMD roadmaps have already shown the company plans to phase out Socket 939 in favor of Socket 754 as a DDR1 standard solution. AMD is also beginning to phase out Socket 940 in favor of LGA DDR2 Socket F, which is expected to ship this July. So with that in mind, go with the AM2.
754 is gonna take over 939?

Yup. I couldn't believe it either. Socket 754 shipments will apparently outlast socket 939 as AMD prepares the transition over to socket AM2. Currently, socket 939 is home to AMD's Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 and Athlon 64 FX processors while socket 754 is for Sempron. According to AMD documentation, all socket 939 processors will stop shipping in the second quarter of 2007 with final orders occurring nearly half a year before end of date. AMD Roadmaps have socket 939 end of life (EOL) in 4th quarter of 2006, while socket 754 end of life is 4th quarter of 2007.

ya and didnt 754 have just a very short run? what was wrong with them anyway. what was 939's advantage?

Back
Top Bottom