First Build....Am2??

Dude just order the stuff you got a good build ive seen soo many thread about your build already

ThePower said:
I don't see the point of buying AM2..im buying a new system end of June and Unless they get the am2 version of Opteron out..they can shuv it.
Opteron is the best for overclockin and still there isn't one out for it.
I've looked at the stuff they have brought it out with and i was disspapointed..the prices are much higher.when 939 isnt much diferen't so why spend more.. plus if u have got ur system ready to order..this means u have to change everything u've looked up on.. i just think it's stupid to buy now..simple because in the futre there gonna bring a better product with AM2 out..and we will be crying because we bought the first versions that were as buggy as hell!
dude. i dont think amd is gonna make opterons for am2. they realized what they did with 939 opterons was a mistake.

oh, and a reason to buy am2 is for upgradability. if u buy a full-blown socket939 rig right now, theres not much u can do to upgrade it, because amd has moved/is moving, onto am2.

and yes, it is true that using the best components in 939 will last quite a while, it wont last forever, at least with am2, there is hope for it living long.

ThePower said:
I don't see the point of buying AM2..im buying a new system end of June and Unless they get the am2 version of Opteron out..they can shuv it.
Opteron is the best for overclockin and still there isn't one out for it.
I've looked at the stuff they have brought it out with and i was disspapointed..the prices are much higher.when 939 isnt much diferen't so why spend more.. plus if u have got ur system ready to order..this means u have to change everything u've looked up on.. i just think it's stupid to buy now..simple because in the futre there gonna bring a better product with AM2 out..and we will be crying because we bought the first versions that were as buggy as hell!
if u wana be able to upgrade then the AM2 socket is the way to go...if u dont care about it so much and can afford to get a new comp in a year then go for the 939, also i havent heard about any problems with the new socket being "buggy"

gaming_freak said:
if u wana be able to upgrade then the AM2 socket is the way to go...if u dont care about it so much and can afford to get a new comp in a year then go for the 939, also i havent heard about any problems with the new socket being "buggy"
yay!! im so glad. i guess i wont be too much of a guinea pig then. lol

lol guys...so im just going to keep this thread instead of a new one and make a poll..

am2 option

or

939 option?

Back
Top Bottom