First Build....Am2??

If you must get a new PC now, get the AM2 PC. I'm not sure when AMD's new AM2 will mature but for now, it's the latest stuff. If I were to build a system now, I would get the top of the line AM2 system. Just too bad they aren't dual core. Actually you know what? I want to build an Athlon 64 X2 system.

TRDCorolla said:
If you must get a new PC now, get the AM2 PC. I'm not sure when AMD's new AM2 will mature but for now, it's the latest stuff. If I were to build a system now, I would get the top of the line AM2 system. Just too bad they aren't dual core. Actually you know what? I want to build an Athlon 64 X2 system.
there are dual core am2's. just not at newegg.

if i were building an am2 system(and i am) i would get a cheaper processor, nothing too expensive. so that when amd releases it's "conroe-killer" stuff. or whatever they have planned to counter intel's atomic bomb, u can just get that.

I didn't know a dual core existed for AM2. Wow, that's what I would get. Anything dual core is beneficial, well to me that is.

TRDCorolla said:
I didn't know a dual core existed for AM2. Wow, that's what I would get. Anything dual core is beneficial, well to me that is.
well, as everybody has been saying, am2 isnt much different than 939. so until a difference arises, ie when amd makes processors that actually utilize ddr2, then u should just get a filler-cpu, something to use until something better, and more beneficial becomes available.

i would get the AM2 since its pretty much the same as 939 at the moment but it will last a lot longer and u can upgrade the cpu when amd releases its conroe counter attack

gaming_freak said:
i would get the AM2 since its pretty much the same as 939 at the moment but it will last a lot longer and u can upgrade the cpu when amd releases its conroe counter attack
exactly.

so what is the nforce500??? it is the chipset for the msi mobo...newer chipset?!??!?!

The nforce 500 is a faster chipset. But if you wait to the summer, I bet ya that there will be a nforce 550 Ultra SLI. Myself, If I get more money, I'll try to aim for a 5000+ or a FX-62.

5000+...they make those??!??! and no man this is my first build i just want hi grahipcs bf2 for a while then maybe later 2x7900 and 2gbdual channel :D...and maybe a new processor...but for the start just 1gb and 1 7900 and a 3200+

I don't see the point of buying AM2..im buying a new system end of June and Unless they get the am2 version of Opteron out..they can shuv it.
Opteron is the best for overclockin and still there isn't one out for it.
I've looked at the stuff they have brought it out with and i was disspapointed..the prices are much higher.when 939 isnt much diferen't so why spend more.. plus if u have got ur system ready to order..this means u have to change everything u've looked up on.. i just think it's stupid to buy now..simple because in the futre there gonna bring a better product with AM2 out..and we will be crying because we bought the first versions that were as buggy as hell!

Back
Top Bottom