Internet connection loss

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas. When I start to run my pc from stand-by mode, most of the time I get this message at the taskbar saying "A network cable is unplugged", then 2-3 seconds later it says something like "Local Area Connection Speed:100Mbps". It keeps on repeating itself over and over again. I checked the cable and it is plugged. I even unplugged the modem from power for 2 mins then plugged it back in. Still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx :)

Usually the problem here is because of the switch or network card. I recomend trying a different switch or network card. Cheap network cards cost 10$ and this is what I would suspect is the problem.

*By switch, i mean the thing on the other end of your cable. Most home users will have their computer plugged into a residential router, which has a built in four port switch.

EDIT: You can also try reinstalling the network card drivers. Or if you have a non-intergrated network card you can try it in another computer.

Try a different network cable. Sometimes, there could be a short, making it unavailable.

If the PC is in stand-by mode, does't it switch off most things in the PC? EG Network adapter. So when you start up again it has to reconnect.

Charchris said:
If the PC is in stand-by mode, does't it switch off most things in the PC? EG Network adapter. So when you start up again it has to reconnect.

But he says it's doing this repeatingly.

lhuser said:
Try a different network cable. Sometimes, there could be a short, making it unavailable.

But this doesn't explain why it happens when I start the pc from stand-by mode.
If there were any hardware issues, then it would lose connection anyways, wouldn't it?

Sounds to me like the drivers get hung up in memory when it comes back out of standby. My suggestion would be to uninstall then reinstall the drivers. Because its obviously something to do with windows "restarting" the NIC. Only thing that controlls the NIC or should i say.. "Talks" to it, are the drivers. Drivers are for windows to know how to "talk" and controll the card.

Back
Top Bottom