12ms response time

But think about the resolution. Most people use 1024x768 or 1280x1024 now (for 4:3 aspect monitors). I have a 17" LCD monitor and I use 1280x1024... However, that TV is 27" and it's resolution is 1366x768 (or around there)! Not only is that an awkward resolution that may or may not be supported by your video card, but you will definitely be able to notice the individual pixels when using it as a computer monitor (because naturally when using a computer the screen is much closer to your face than when you're using a TV). However, if you were to get that for your Xbox 360 only, it may be pretty good. I don't really know, though. I'm not really familiar with the 720p and 1080i (or whatever it is, haha) stuff so you may want to get a second opinion on that.

Jamxx said:
But think about the resolution. Most people use 1024x768 or 1280x1024 now (for 4:3 aspect monitors). I have a 17" LCD monitor and I use 1280x1024... However, that TV is 27" and it's resolution is 1366x768 (or around there)! Not only is that an awkward resolution that may or may not be supported by your video card, but you will definitely be able to notice the individual pixels when using it as a computer monitor (because naturally when using a computer the screen is much closer to your face than when you're using a TV). However, if you were to get that for your Xbox 360 only, it may be pretty good. I don't really know, though. I'm not really familiar with the 720p and 1080i (or whatever it is, haha) stuff so you may want to get a second opinion on that.
hmm, dont most new video cards have alot of resolution options? cuz i would probably use a 7600gt with this. but yeah, for now it would be for console gaming.
and as for pc, this would probably be for me watching movies. i would buy a seperate monitor for daily computing tasks.

For some reason, this LCD gives me weird headaches, and my CRT never did that. So I'm a bit confused as to why that is.

Not with me. I'm getting it alot more.

Even with the brightness turned down, which i have to do, I'm still getting them.

well, ive never played around with a lcd. but in my crt monitor, if i turn down the contrast and up the brightness(white level), it helps my eyes alot.

Yeah, you can do that with an LCD, but doesn't seem to help.

I think its my stress levels too from UNI, so I doubt its just the monitor anyway.

I had it at the highest at 75hz, and, LCD's are meant to refresh in a different way to CRT's so your eyes don't notice it, even at lower levels.

I lowered it to 60hz though, and... my headaches cleared up in the past hour or so. So, maybe it was too high?

Back
Top Bottom