a64: 3000/3200 ?

MikeReiner said:
.....heh...other than the video... your system is a dream compared to my old one. Imagine getting 10 fps in cs 1.6. Nine year old computer.
oh geeze. how do i check my fps in cs1.6?

cl_showfps 1
net_graph 3

cl_showfps 1 will only show your fps.
net_graph3 will show fps, ping, choke, packet loss amount, and the speed at which data is transferring between you and the server.

Oh and on another note, I personally would just get the cheaper CPU. Take that extra cash and put it towards a nice Zalman, then OC that baby up to 2.6 ghz or so. (Provided the temps are safe and it's stable, of coarse. ;)

wow, from 1.8ghz --> 2.6ghz!!! thats a .8ghz oc! thats about 44% OC. dang!!! im definately getting that.

anyway, im getting about 18 fps in cs1.6 at a resolution of 800 x 600 when nobody's shooting, in which case it drops down to about 11.

Wow, onboard sucks.. a cheapy geforce1mx agp or even PCI for that matter could easily get you up to around 50+ at those video settings... my geforce2, when in a better computer, can pull off 100fps at 1024x768, drops to about 60 when people start shooting.

Oh and also, don't rely on that CPU going that high.. I just know it could do it on socket 939.. no idea about AM2..

MikeReiner said:
Oh and also, don't rely on that CPU going that high.. I just know it could do it on socket 939.. no idea about AM2..
are u talking about my athlonXP(skt A)? or the 3000+(am2)?

Rofl. I was referring to the 3000+. That AthlonXP aint got a chance in hell at going that high! Sorry I wasn't more clear.

dont trip. its all good.

MikeReiner said:
Wow, onboard sucks.. a cheapy geforce1mx agp or even PCI for that matter could easily get you up to around 50+ at those video settings... my geforce2, when in a better computer, can pull off 100fps at 1024x768, drops to about 60 when people start shooting.

well, if a 939 athlon64 3000+ can do it, i think the am2 version should do it too.

am2 most likely can but i wouldnt count on it getting that high on either socket, u should deffinately be able to get to 2.4GHz though

Yeah, I wish I got the 3000+/3200+ instead of my 3500+, as I could have simply overclocked it to get the same amount.

It would also depend on your RAM though of course, which can cost a bit to get a good enough sort.

Back
Top Bottom