What is THE BEST Antivirus software? (Free or Not doesn't matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symantec Norton Internet Security Suite 2005/2006, all in one!!

- Norton AntiVirus
- Norton Personal Firewall
- Norton Privacy Control
- Norton AntiSpam
- Norton Parental Control

I saw a benchmark between pc cillin, norton, and mcafee and both norton and mcafee failed to pick up some very bad viruses... pc cillin is just a more indepth scanner and an all around better performer.

Can someone answer me this, when AVG is running down by the system clock, is it constantly monitoring my system? Never once has it popped up.. All I'm running now is the windows firewall, and I'm behind a router so I'm not worried about anything

MarxSoccer said:
Can someone answer me this, when AVG is running down by the system clock, is it constantly monitoring my system? Never once has it popped up.. All I'm running now is the windows firewall, and I'm behind a router so I'm not worried about anything

Yes, it constntly monitors your system.

rocket1406 said:
Kaspersky
AVG Anti-virus
McAfee
Avast
Norton Systemworks
Norton Antivirus
Panda Titanium Antivirus plus Antispyware
Symantec Antivirus Corporate
Other?

Use a combination Norton Systemworks 2006 (comes with Norton Antivirus) and Norton Firewall 2006 for maximum security. Spyware is not included which is too bad. For that, use Windows Defender. This is my Desktop PC config.

My laptop is as follows: Windows Defender and Spybot Search & Destroy for spyware. For security on my laptop, I use a combination of Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition v.10, and Norton Firewall 2006.

In both of my systems, Windows Firewall are enabled as well with the laptop adding extra security through SP2. I also get the critical updates or as much as the PC can handle. Too bad the Desktop is a crack OS. I hate that.

I use AVG, and the Windows built in firewall. No problems as of yet, but I dont really download shady files, and don't open dumb attachments in emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom