overclocking am2's

conroe525.jpg

E6300 <$200 ;)

alvino said:
www.anandtech.com
www.tomshardware.com
www.xbitlabs.com

A word of advice: Be careful when you read Tom's Hardware reviews, they tend to be biased unlike Anandtech and X-bit Labs reviews.

You know, I'm pretty much sick of people saying that all the time. Can one person, just one, post 1 or 2 tomshardware reviews that are completely Biased. While your at it, put up an anandtech or xbitlabs one on the same grouptest or summint so I can compare.

I've always relied on them, and so have plenty others, including printed magazines.

It gets pretty boring when I fire up a few facts in discusions that nobody likes, and there only counter attack is 'But tomshardware is biased'. Even though the lastime a certian person did this and recommended anandtech, anandtech said the exact same as tomshardware!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Full of little kiddies being corrupt by word of mouth

I takes time to dig up articles, ive read a couple years back and i dont even know if they still have it. I dont have the time and patience to dig it up.

anyway, back on topic... lol
i guess im gonna be the first to overclock an am2 here on the forums. or at least the first one to write about it.

but it will be my first time overclocking anything, so i have nothing to base my overclocking experience on. and its my first computer build, so this should be alot of fun.

Its the same thing as a S939 except it uses DDR2 so voltages are going to be a little different. I believe you can also use forward dividers. But the overclock isnt going to be crazy. Raise the HTT, and the voltage until you hit a wall. And then tweak the memory timings and then youre done.

its CPU:DRAM so 4:5 is a forward divider, 1:2 is also. AMD doesnt need it but Intels benefit from it a whole ton.

oh. ive heard a bit about dividers. i thought a "forward divider" was a different thing.
so its the ratio of 'cpu fsb' v 'ram fsb' correct? or is it the other way around?

Back
Top Bottom