12ms response time

badninja3

Daemon Poster
is it any good? i know its not the best, but is it alright? is it very noticable? because im thinking of getting this:

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do...&Ntt=olevia&y=0&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

it's a 27" lcd tv for $500 after rebates. and it has 12ms response time.

i could use it for movies, tv, my xbox 360, and for a pc. it has vga, dvi, and component inputs, so that really helps.

oh wait, in the manufacturer's site , it says it has a 9ms response time. um, anyway, is it worth it?

obviously it would delay my start of my cpu build, but its better than me having to lug around my xbox360 to different rooms every day and same with my ps2. and then, when i actually build my own pc i can have a nice big screen for it, right?

Well my LCD is 12ms and I don't get ghosting... I'd get it if there wasn't a better one for the same prive give or take $100.

The resolution on that thing is low for the screen size (as all TV's are) and awkward. I would personally stick with a monitor...

Yeah, that thing isn't too great...

But to answer your question, it has been my experience that response times of 16ms and less work quite well in games, ghosting isn't a problem.

well but this wouldnt be just for a pc. as i said, it would probably be for dvds, xbox, ps2, etc. anyway, i think i might just get this.

okay, u guys persuaded me. im not getting this.

I notice a bit of ghosting when it comes to moving up and down a webpage, on my 8ms, as the text gets less clear and blurs a bit.

Other than that, its fine.

I'm sure 12ms isn't much different.

Kage said:
I notice a bit of ghosting when it comes to moving up and down a webpage, on my 8ms, as the text gets less clear and blurs a bit.

Other than that, its fine.

I'm sure 12ms isn't much different.
well, im not <i>that</i> picky. lol.

plus i dont really play any graphically-intense games. only like sims, rollercoasterT3, red alert 2. stuff like that. and every now and then i would play call of duty maybe. but im really not into "l33t" graphics.

Ive got a 12ms monitor and it works fine whilst gaming, watched a few dvd's on it as well and seemed fine.

Back
Top Bottom