is this legal?

ownage said:
but you see, you are breaking EULA and you agreed to the EULA before you installed it. Its just not ethical. But if its 100 computers using the same key, Microsoft will crack down on you.
Nope, it's just 2 computers. Besides, what are they going to do, throw me in jail for using it on 2 computers when there are probably people who use it on bunches of computers at one time that they should be trying to catch. Pshhh....I think not.

Tommy Boy said:
Nope, it's just 2 computers. Besides, what are they going to do, throw me in jail for using it on 2 computers when there are probably people who use it on bunches of computers at one time that they should be trying to catch. Pshhh....I think not.

True, and no, hardly anyone reads EULA, nonetheless it is illegal. Microsoft won't do jack unless you really go crazy with it.

if you borrowed a cd from someone and made a bunch of copies and sold or gave them away with a license key M$ would pretty much kill you?

well, it all makes sence. you do only pay for the serial, because the CD is just windows, you won't be able to install it without the cd-key. M$ is getting so strict about their anti-piracy, it's making me so mad

Wait a minute...

"The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer."

It would be a shame if you had a dual-processor setup. It would be illegal to install Windows XP on it... :(

:D

but it does say "workstation computer"

you could hack the EULA to edit out the stuff you dont want, and then you dont have to agree to anything, or better yet, get someone else to do it for you so u dont get in $hit

once u install xp on a computer that has no internet, how would the other computer know that you have already installed it.

note, i am NOT trying to pirate windows xp.

Back
Top Bottom