Laptop processors

Impruv

In Runtime
I'm getting a budget laptop; a nice looking compaq probably....but i was wondering...which one would be a better processor. I'm comparing two laptops that are basically the exact same.
laptop 1: AMD sempron 3000+ 1.8ghz

laptop 2: AMD Turion 64 ML-34 1.8GHz

which one is better?

oh; and the sempron is like 100$ cheaper but the hd is also 20gb smaller than laptop 2

I have to admit, the new Compaq looks damn good. I would get the Turion because it uses low power transistors and has better sleep states which helps in giving better battery life and quiter/cooler operation. The ML-34 runs at 1MB L2 cache I think which is impressive.

so the 100 dollars is worth the extra battery; quieter/cooler operation, and 20gb more of hd

Turon, saves battery.

And to your second post, for a budget laptop? No. For a bit better media laptop. Yes.

The second laptop has 20GB more which is nice to have since we put so much stuff on our PC's these days. It is definitely worth the extra $100. Turion is all about power management and it's 64 bit. I don't know much about that Sempron besides the fact that they have low cache which makes them so cheap.

Back
Top Bottom