nvidia geforce FX5200??

PerfectSK said:
Dude, its not a total piece of junk. It may perform better since its not intergrated but the FX series is a bit outdated. They perform alrite in most games, but you'll have to sacrifice frame rates with this card. Overall, I think you'll see better performance with your 6100. If you can still return the card, go for it, and save up for a nice 6600gt, or x850xt.
That video card was a POS from the day it came out. You could buy a TI4200 and get better framerates than an FX5200, and the FX5200 is NEWER! So don't tell me it's not a total piece of junk. Even the FX5500 is slower than the 4200.
Then you have the FX5600, which is just as fast a 4200, yet way more expensive. Again, a total over-priced piece of junk. I sincerely believe that the FX series was a lost cause and should have never been released. Horrible DX9 support.. just TRY playing FarCry with one of those cards.. even at MEDIUM lighting quality...

are there any good sales for anything under $60 at like best buy or compusa or circuit city or office depot or something? nothing online please...

circuit city had it last week for $39 after rebate but there was 2 of them against 1...mom HATES rebates.

well you will see a minimal improvment cause the 6100 is integrated but i would get a PCI-E if i were u

okay its in, everything seems to be working fine. whats the maximum i can overclock it to. 450?

don't worry. the world isn't over yet. return the card. say "I don't have PCI-Express"
and don't open it!!!!!!! it will not perform better!
look, get yor $40 back, save up another $60, and get a good card.

Back
Top Bottom