Backup up your CDs is now illegal

Me too!!!!!!! if I want to to put some thing on cd then im going to and if I want to put it on my external 250gb hardrive im going I hate you riaa!!!!!!!!!

How stupid can they get? you can't stop people from backing up their own cd's for their own personal use, it won't happen and here's why.1st of all people have a right to do what they want with the property they paid for.

As long as they are not making copies for profit or for distributing on the internet or by making copies to sell at the local fleemarket.And besides their are so many programs out their on the net that let you rip songs from cd's.

Leave it to the good ol USA to try to take more and more rights away from the people, even if they say it's to clear up copyright laws.if you are taking music from a cd and using limewire or bittorrent or something like that to upload, then yes it's illegal...and if micro$oft sends something to your computer and mucks it up..then you know why.

~mr mixx~ said:
How stupid can they get? you can't stop people from backing up their own cd's for their own personal use, it won't happen and here's why.1st of all people have a right to do what they want with the property they paid for.

As long as they are not making copies for profit or for distributing on the internet or by making copies to sell at the local fleemarket.And besides their are so many programs out their on the net that let you rip songs from cd's.

Leave it to the good ol USA to try to take more and more rights away from the people, even if they say it's to clear up copyright laws.if you are taking music from a cd and using limewire or bittorrent or something like that to upload, then yes it's illegal...and if micro$oft sends something to your computer and mucks it up..then you know why.
Yeah, taking away rights and taking away even more rights, it's all they do. :(

It hasn't stopped some CD's not being able to be read on a computer drive though.

Theres a CD of my mates thats been made so you can't play it on Media Player for example, to rip it on the computer, and so, your pretty much limited to how you use it.

Thats just wrong.

OK...
to disable the CD from playing on a computer a piece of software has to be run...

those of you who don't know how to disable auto run should either use google, or just live with not being able to use the media player of your choice...

joxley1990 said:
Ha, that won't work. Piracy will always be around, people will never stop.

yep, and the more stupid things like this they do, the more people will be encouraged to pirate cd's.....

this is so stupid :rolleyes:

Music is just a signal. If that signal can be played into speakers, it can be played into your computer. From there it can easily be copied into uncompressed .wav files, then converted to mp3, then .rar'd, then placed on some p2p, then downloaded, then burned to another cd, or sent to an mp3 player, or WHATEVER THE HELL!

They are NEVER going to stop people from warezing music, they simply can't.

Back
Top Bottom