nvidia geforce FX5200??

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
right now i have the nvidia 6100 and its integrated. i bought a nvidia geforce FX5200 yesterday but its not in yet...can't put it in until parents say so... :mad: . I was wondering if this is better than the 6100. i was thinking about getting an ati radeon 9250 but found this instead; box said it was better. so is this any better than the 6100?

you will see an improvement even thought the 6100 has 450mhz clock speed, and because the 5200 isnt integrated. you only have pci?

i have a pci-express slot but this was cheap so i bought it. only $39. i figured it was better than what i have now.

It won't pass over 450MHZ. I think the guy watercooled it and used some different application. Although, yes, I forgot about being intergrated and not.

okay, here are the main games i play: bf1942, driver 3, fs2004, halo, unreal tournament 2004, tiger woods 06, l.a.rush, sims complete, sim city 4, and other ones that run fine either way. the best games that play with the 6100 is bf1942 and ut2004. but for the other games, they mostly run smooth but look really bad. will this card make them better?

The FX5200 is a useless piece of crap. When I used that card, I had to run UT2004 at 640x480 all settings set to minimum, and even then it ran bad at times. The same goes for halo, EVERYTHING at MINIMUM, and the fps still can be crap.

Sorry dude, but that card is just a waste of money. Try and get your money back. Since you have a PCI-E slot.. try to get atleast a geforce 6600.. it will really help you out with those games.

Dude, its not a total piece of junk. It may perform better since its not intergrated but the FX series is a bit outdated. They perform alrite in most games, but you'll have to sacrifice frame rates with this card. Overall, I think you'll see better performance with your 6100. If you can still return the card, go for it, and save up for a nice 6600gt, or x850xt.

Back
Top Bottom