new modem

LOL well depends first of all are you on a cable connection or is it dsl? Second, if you have signal issues, you could have the best modem on the planet and its not going to fix the problem. Chances are you have a high SNR or maybe even a bit low. Either way.. if its supposed to be faster, the modem wont make a difference, because the bin file that will be in it, once your ISP provisions it on to your acct. will be the same in any modem.

Also on that note... Is your network that your current ISP uses, Docsis 2.0 compliant, or are they still using 1.1 (2 ways to know this.. gain access to the bin file on your modem which isnt a good idea. or call and ask their IT department)

im using a cable connection and from what the reveiws said about that modem is that it speeds it up somewhat, they talk about how they had a motorolla modem (which i have), just seemed like a good idea to me since mine is just the crappy one they give u with the internet, as for the Docsis 2.0 thing i have no idea what ur talkin about lol, i would assume its 2.0

did you let your cable isp know? I don't know if mine would just let me get a new modem out of the blue. i think you should just maybe ask them so they can approve it?

I highly doubt changing the modem will make ANY difference at all, if it does, then it will be to the point where you probably won't even know. Also your ISP might not let you use a new modem, mine won't.

well in the reviews people were saying that all they had to do was phone there isp and get them to find out the MAC address then it worked fine so thats not a big deal, im pretty sure they will allow so im not worried about that, i think the reason its faster is that it has a bandwidth accelorater built in which claims to speed it up to 20X more then now, it wont get anywhere near 20 but it should help some, im also having really bad internet problems atm, my internet speed is less then half of what it should be and everything ive tried hasnt fixed it, im starting to lag in cs and my ping is 7X of what it usually is, i cant figure out what it is since all the other comps in my house are fine, ive tried updating the ethernet drivers which didnt help so i went back to the old ones and that didnt help, ive tried a new cable and that didnt work either, anyone know how i can use the windows drivers?

I dont think you will notice much of a difference to be honest. At the end of the day, it all comes down to that analogue cable.

oh well even if it doesnt help all that much i dont mind, i just wana get my damn internet back to way it was, its really starting to piss me off now, im getting 2000Kb/s when before i was getting about 4900Kb/s, anyone have any ideas whats wrong? ive tried everything i can think of

ya i tried that loads of times, put an ethernet card in today and it went back to normal after i changed a few settings, then i tried it back in the motherboard and that was back to normal to...i dont know what happened but after a week of it going really slow it just started going its usual speed...so far at least

Back
Top Bottom