is this legal?

would it still work if someone s pc came with xp home and your friend had professional cd?

john123 said:
ok, so when i bought my computer, i didnt get a windows cd, but i have a product key on the sticker thing on the side of my comp. when my windows got messed up, i borrowed a friend's cd, and used my original cd key. is this legal? if not, i will go out and buy a version of windows this week.

I believe this theroretically violates the EULA agreement, however Microsoft doesn't really care. They even encourage users to re-burn new CD's with updates on them.

If you try a Professional CD with a Home CD-Key, it will not work. They are set differently.

ownage said:
in a way yes, cuz you are still using your own CD key. And you can only ahve 1 CD key per PC.
well i dunno if this is what you meant, but u can use the same cdkey on like 5 computers

but you see, you are breaking EULA and you agreed to the EULA before you installed it. Its just not ethical. But if its 100 computers using the same key, Microsoft will crack down on you.

Back
Top Bottom