To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude1234 said:
i arrix is trying to say that you cannot just post in this section but you have to try and share your knowledge all over the forums because this is a computer forum after all.

Maybe, but I don't believe that anyone is actually not posting in the computer help sections when they know the answer, for example, oh yeah I know the answer to this question, but I am not going to post it up.

I believe that people do share the knowledge that they have, but the requests for information are appearing to be less or the same or similar question, like new build questions, or which graphics card?

You might notice more activity from certain members in certain sections, because they do not know alot about that particular topic.

I mean if someone was to ask the difference between a PCI GPU, and an AGP GPU, everybody would be straight in there, but most topics, are not as simple as that.

I know for one I have not gained my 2K posts from just posting in the Social Lounge, I have been everywhere in this forum, and I know so have many others.

Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

wow, boohoo... its mods like you (Arrizx), that are on huge powertrips which drives people away from forums.

This is just going to encourage people who don't really know what they are talking about to offer "advice" in the actual computer section. IMO whoever knows their stuff about computers will go to the computer threads without your encouragement.

Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Will said:
wow, boohoo... its mods like you (Arrizx), that are on huge powertrips which drives people away from forums.

This is just going to encourage people who don't really know what they are talking about to offer "advice" in the actual computer section. IMO whoever knows their stuff about computers will go to the computer threads without your encouragement.

I agree with you completely. It does seem like a couple of the mods here are totally power-hungry.

I wouldn't say they are power hungry, just trying to keep the forum in good order.

I'd say it's being run like a concentration camp. I don't post that often, I have an average post count of 3 per day, and even I've seen quite a few threads where the mods (actually, it's only one or two of them) have freaked out over nothing.

Anyway, to ArrizX, do you think there's a reason why people don't post in the General Computer Hardware and Software part of the forum? Obviously everyone here has an interest in computers, that's why they're here, but alot of them are here to learn, and have no idea how to solve the problems that come up. I'd consider myself experienced with computers, but hell, some of the questions that come up baffle me. I can assure you that if a problem comes up that I can help with, I will do just that.

Yes, I understand that this is a computer forum, and that the primary aim of the forum is to help people out with computer related problems. But to be honest, most of the answer seekers will only post once or twice, and never come back. What kind of community is that? I'd rather have pleasant conversations with the regular members of the forum, get to know them, share my thoughts and ideas, and generally have fun. This to me is the true meaning of a forum.

I'm not trying to make you an enemy ArrizX, I understand that you've helped loads of people and you are a respected member of the forum, but this time I disagree with you.

But to be honest, most of the answer seekers will only post once or twice, and never come back. What kind of community is that? I'd rather have pleasant conversations with the regular members of the forum, get to know them, share my thoughts and ideas, and generally have fun. This to me is the true meaning of a forum.

Exactly! Although I've only been here a few days or so...I've noticed how many members here have about 10 posts tops...and they are all asking for help, no problem in asking but they should at least try and help somebody else out...

Check this out..I found it quite amusing:
http://computerforums.org/memberlist.php?

i'm like most of the other people in here, i don't know a whole pile and i post when i can in the other forums.

I'm starting to find this place becoming more of a place to argue then it is to help people. I have a 3 a day post count as well but i think this social lounge is being used for what it's meant for, not for computer problems but for people to get to know each other and enjoy the forum. I'm am finding my enjoyment of this forum becoming less and less, due to all these arguments. I am going to continue to visit the forum cause i think there's a great knowledge in here.

I don't think there's any MODS on a power trip ArrixZ is just trying to make the forum a better place for all, and it's not easy being a MOD from what i've seen so far, so i think they should be applauded for there efforts.

Def what nat said when I see some thing i can help with i reply to it lol

Well I can be one of these social forums people :p

I try to post in the internet and networking sections alot, as I can really help most of the time their. However their's not that many posts.

Hardware, most stuff involves what is better. I know alot about hardware but do not keep up with the news of what graphics card is better, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom