Kazaa Lite ++, Limewire and Azureus problems!!! HELP!!!

xtremeownage

Beta member
I used to have a wireless internet connection but now i have a router. Ever since i started using the router my limewire and azureus have screwed up. The problem is that whenever i open it my internet screws up and i cannot search for any downloads and cannot use the internet until i close the program and wait a few minutes for the internet to start working again.

I have recently installed Kazaa lite ++ and it also doesnt work.

I have tried uninstalling the programs and reinstalling them but it doesnt work.

I have also tried turning off my firewall. But it also doesnt work.

What should i do?????

Have you tried opening the ports on your router, most have hardware firewalls, which need to open up the ports so they can receive the information. Do a search on google for your router, and it should tell you how to open up ports.

You'll find Kazaa lite won't work.
Kazaa knew it was a hack of the original program (to get rid of spyware), and changed how the real Kazaa searches, so chances are, it'll never work again.

well if u were using wireless before did u disable the wireless connection and enable the ethernet connection?

i persume this is the first routor that you have had. when i first had my routor i couldnt get to grips with making it work with emule. i later found out that i had to open up the ports (the port numbers that i had to open was in the help menu in emule, might be the same for limewire etc and i know that azureus needs one port open) that GlasseyeUK suggested. once i opened them it worked fine.

what i also discovered is that when it had been using emule or azureus for along time the bandwidth of the line seemed to be getting hogged by emule or azureus. even after i had closed the programs. when i would open up firefix to go on the internet it would come up with a box saying the connection timeouted. i found that by resetting my routor (just turning it off) that it sorted this problem out

Fisher said:
i persume this is the first routor that you have had. when i first had my routor i couldnt get to grips with making it work with emule. i later found out that i had to open up the ports (the port numbers that i had to open was in the help menu in emule, might be the same for limewire etc and i know that azureus needs one port open) that GlasseyeUK suggested. once i opened them it worked fine.

what i also discovered is that when it had been using emule or azureus for along time the bandwidth of the line seemed to be getting hogged by emule or azureus. even after i had closed the programs. when i would open up firefix to go on the internet it would come up with a box saying the connection timeouted. i found that by resetting my routor (just turning it off) that it sorted this problem out

You're saying that everytime you use Emule or Azureus you have to reset your router?

Damn man, I think that sucks... I'm just too lazy to do that.

it's not about the ports. If it would be then the p2p clients wouldn't be able to connect. But they can connect so the ports are not blocked.

I have the exactly same problem sometimes, though it's only been with bittorrent clients. I just reboot my router and then everything works fine again.
So I suggest u try rebooting the router.

mammikoura said:
it's not about the ports. If it would be then the p2p clients wouldn't be able to connect. But they can connect so the ports are not blocked.

I have the exactly same problem sometimes, though it's only been with bittorrent clients. I just reboot my router and then everything works fine again.
So I suggest u try rebooting the router.

Actually, yes they can still connect, it just takes a long time and the searches give you less results.

Back
Top Bottom