My setup for new comp, plz tell if all is workable together

your missing the Operating system And you dont actually need a sound card.. Its built into the mobo

oh, yea i forgot, ill get a operating system , i already ahve that, and will the soundcard help and be worth the 35 dollars add on for bf2 and cs and stuff? or should i just not buy the sound card and let the mobo do the work?

You will free up cpu cycles by using a sound card as opposed to onboard, if you have the money, go for it.
The video card is the same as the one I just ordered for my son (except his is an Asus) so all good there.

Your problem is the cpu with a 533mhz fsb, the m/board runs 1066/800

CPU
Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual Core

M/board
CPU Socket Type Socket T (LGA 775)
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 Prescott/Celeron D
FSB 1066/800MHz

That cpu is not supported on that board, choose another one.

Your MOBO and CPU aren't comitable. Either get a CPU that supported Intel Pentium D or get a CPu thats a intel pentium D. I suggest a geforce 7800 or 7900.

i think the 7600gt is a very good card for the price so no need to change it, put a bit more money into the cpu and get one that is 800FSB or 1066FSB

yep. More money into the cpu. Cpu will rule over graphics card. Cpu is harder to replace than a gpu. And once your board of that gpu just upgrade. Youl have a nice comp their :)

Back
Top Bottom