Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

Re: Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

well yes my compouter is pretty old...it is custom built though

pentium 4 1.8ghz
geforce 5200 128mb
768mb ram (3x256)
intel d845hv mobo
some type of ethernet card...
and thats about it...i only get 20 fps on bf2 but i should still stay connected...hey get on aim sometime...im johhny zoo...maybe u can help me a lil better that way...do u think my computer is too old...also we used to have a d-link and we tried the linksys and it slightly fixed the problem

but the ethernet card is made for 100mb/s...is the computer just not keeping up?!??!@? thx :D

also new build will be

amd3200+
eVGA nforce4sli mobo
eVGA 7900co
ocz 1gb (later 2gb dual channel) ddr500 (oc'ing :D)
creative labs sound blaster (take some processes off of the mobo)
antec truepower 550 watt sli support
antec solution slk3000 case (may do better for flashy looks ;))

u think that will run with the internet fine??!?!?! thx :D

Re: Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

have you tried installing the wireless adaptor on this comp. also have you tried another ethernet cable, it might just come down to a dodgy lead.

no i have never tried a wireless connection to my computer and i used a different line once and it worked a lot better...but i got disconnected after about an hour...could the ethernet line itself be messed up?!?!?!

Are any of the other computers wired directly to the router? If not try and connect one of them to the router in the same port that your computer is in and see if the problem still exists. It could actually be a router hardware problem.

yes all 4 computers are wired directy to the router....should i go down and try to switch ports?!?!?...ive tried this before but that was in the d-link...in teh d-link i stil had this prob so we bought the linksys..and it still persisted....and the router hardware problem?!?!? thx..ill go switch my port too :D

ok guys i turned off everything including the router and the internet thingy and waited about 20 mins then turned it back on...i havent been disconnected since...should that have worked???!?!?

Back
Top Bottom