P2p?

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
i was just wondering, is there a program where i could directly connect to another computer and transfer files. and i'm not using Aim's direct connect because i'm talking about 4gig files lol. thx

I know DC++ or whatever allows you to choose the other persons computer and if they accept you can take files from them at a steady download rate.

MSFanBoy said:
I know DC++ or whatever allows you to choose the other persons computer and if they accept you can take files from them at a steady download rate.

well close enough :D
Actually in there u just connect to a hub and then download files from the other users, but the thing is that anyone else can also download that file. And if u stop them from doing that u most likely get banned from the hub.
But yes, this would work.

Or u could always make a torrent.

Hamachi is what you need. Small footprint and easy to setup. Heck, no setup is really even needed because it already detects your network and just integrates into it. So basically you're using the internet as if you're directly connected through LAN to your friend's computer. It's completely secure, zero-configuration and easy to use. You can even use it to LAN with your friends in games like Counter-Strike or Battlefield 2. You can check their forums, they have tutorials to help you do that and to help integrate it better with other programs like ZoneAlarm etc.

http://www.hamachi.cc/

dude, i set it up, but how come i cant "browse" or "ping" it only lets me change names
menu6ep.png

added screenshot in above post, i think i'm connected, i set it up with my laptop and my desktop(via remote desktop software) because im on vacation

No. That yellow dot next to that name means Hamachi wasn't able to connect to it. Try powering off and power on again to see if it'll connect again.

Back
Top Bottom