Various Heat lowing methods/hardware

good exhaust and intake are the keys. and also get a good cpu heatsink/fan like one from zalman or thermaltake and some arctic silver thermal paste for it and you should be fine. just make sure you monitor your temps.

IMO, Thermaltake makes crappy heatsinks except for the BT which is very good. Thermalright as some very nice ones, as to Scythe.

MikeReiner said:
el oh el. A friend of mine made an open case out of 2x4s... needless to say he got a real case the next day.

LMAO!! i was thinking about putting my new psu on top of my case (outside of it) and then routing the cables back thourgh the rear of it. do you think this would help the ait temps inside? also its a Enermax Liberty 620 which has a 120M fan on the bottom. would it be ok if i turned it upside down or would that disrupt the air flow to much?

Toxicwboy said:
Just wondering in general what are some various heat lowing things you can do, cause im thinking about overclocking but I don't want to melt my graphics card. My friend has been there done that.

So far my knowledge is:

Heatsinks
Liquid cooling
Fans

What are some other hardware bits I can use and how efficent is liquid cooling? How hard is it to rig up? And would I rather just buy numerous amounts of fans instead of liquid cooling?

Much thanks if you could help ;)

Overclocking is only good if you really do need a speed increase. What are your specs - exact models and speeds - we can help you further if we get as much information as possible.

Also, what kind of cooling setup do you have at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom