AMD opteron

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
Look at my sig and that gives you guys an idea of what kind of rig i got rightnow
i'm planning to upgrade near late summer and i was wondering if i should get an opteron, i saw their benchmarks and it looks good
if not i was gonna get an X2 what you guys think?

You have the same cpu as me, but the rest of your stuff is better...lol

You can overclock opteron's like a mother, I know that. They're mostly for gaming though, what do you use the rig for?

By the end of the summmer Conroe will be here. That's what I would go with at the end of the summer if I was upgrading.

well i play games like bf2 ... nfsmw....aoe3 i dont play everyday but i play often enough loll i got me a headset just for bf2 :)

do u think an opteron is for me??? really whats the diff with it.

Well, I would pick the X2 over an opteron anyday, one opteron versus a dual core athlon 64? What you really want if you are planning on switching from Socket A to 939 is the dual core Opteron :) Like these ones:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...5&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1028&SubCategory=343

Also, if you are switching ask for advice on a motherboard, because I mean...you really don't want to go into the next gen computing still using AGP, so you might be able to sell that 6600GT and get the PCI-E version.

Actually conroe isn't even out yet if I am correct, so it hasn't owned anything as of yet, wether or not it will is obvious. So what if AMD gets beat this time around? I must admit AM2 does seem to suck, so sad to see AMD fall out like that.

Either way I am not moving to Intel unless AMD really starts losing it.

Back
Top Bottom