Linux a good OS.

If you do enough research, you'll learn that the Internet would not even be possible without Unix, which Linux is based on. It is not only a good OS, it's a great OS. Much more powerful than Windows, you can do soooooooooo much more with it- and it's FREE!

It's alright, I prefer Windows alot more, hence the name. I'd run VMWARE and install it using that, that way you can just scrap it if you don't like it and still be in Windows.

lhuser said:
Two issues with Linux: Windows EXE files and Gaming isn't working well.
LOL yea, .exe is an executable for windows. depending on the platform of linux, it uses different file formats. And as for gaming it is too pimp! Solitaire rules! LOL j/k yeh when it comes to gaming, it does rather suck.

There is a different OS called ReactOS that runs Windows executables and such, free, but it's a beta and it's only 13MB. Not really tasting.

I love Linux. If you search around you can find some good games. For most common windows apps there are free replacements. You can run windows files over linux by using win4lin. I think that there is a free program like it, but I cann't remember what it is called. I use ubntu. You can get their OS and a CD for free.

Linux is a great OS, and so is Windows.

Windows has the advantage in networks however, I would say. I dont know of a single distrobution of linux that lets you run something like a domain + active directory.

Windows does games better by far, and also is just plain easier to use.

Linux is more powerful, and stable. Also better for cracking / hacking overall.

Both have their up's and down.

Back
Top Bottom