My gaming rig is almost complete!!!!

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I love games ever since as long as i can remember from such titles as duck hunt (think it was called that, the one with the gun controller) on NES and sonic on the mega drive. ive always wanted a gaming pc that could play the latest games out with the best graphics ever since my mum brought our first pc, a 486 with 8mb Ram and 512Mb hardrive around 1994ish. now that i have a full time job and can afford my own here it is!! tell me what you think:

my specs...

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
Sapphire x1900xt
DFI Lan Party Ultra D
Enermax Liberty 620W
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
35.5Gb Raptor (OS) and 35.5G Raptor (Games)
Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS4400 Pro TwinX (still to come which we be next month and then ill start overclocking my 4000+)

and then im going to sit back and if im gimpish enough work out the £ to fps ratio that im getting

That's a sweet system. I wish I could afford a x1900xt. Oh well have fun and be sure to post some benchmarks(ecspecially SuperPi once you overclock).

allenn812 said:
I would of gotten a dual core CPU.

agreed if you wanted a gaming computer and still are looking into the future dual core would be the way to go, i have a AMD x2 4200 not OC and i played oblivion with 0 glitches or flaws. i also have the sapphire x1900xt its amazing. but yea it sounds pretty good, im a lil worried about the HDD's though ? ... i guess if thats what you want, i mean do you plan on storing music, photos or videos or even any other documents ? ... i use my 75 gig raptor for OS, games and basic applications ... then i slam my 200gig caviar with the music, videos, or games that dont need the raptor, like FFVII or my emultors. but thats just my personal opinion, i hope you have fun with your stuff :D

english15x said:
agreed if you wanted a gaming computer and still are looking into the future dual core would be the way to go, i have a AMD x2 4200 not OC and i played oblivion with 0 glitches or flaws. i also have the sapphire x1900xt its amazing. but yea it sounds pretty good, im a lil worried about the HDD's though ? ... i guess if thats what you want, i mean do you plan on storing music, photos or videos or even any other documents ? ... i use my 75 gig raptor for OS, games and basic applications ... then i slam my 200gig caviar with the music, videos, or games that dont need the raptor, like FFVII or my emultors. but thats just my personal opinion, i hope you have fun with your stuff :D

i also have 2x 250G, 1x 300G and 1x 120G as well. i couldnt be bothered to mention them as i dont see them as part of th gaming side of my comp, more as the multimedia side of it. its all in my sig

and as for dual cores the first thing i upgraded on my comp was the cpu which i did about a year ago from a 3000+ to a 4000+ im still happy with it and altho i would love a dual core i dont think im going to spend anymore money after the corsair ram for a long time

EDIT:

Zapdos said:
post some pics :)

how do i post pics on this, ive never actually done it before

DOUBLE EDIT: OMG!!! I LOVE WIDESCREEN!!!!! as soon as ive got the enermax in ill take some pics for you lot !!!!WIDESCREEN!!!!

That's a nice build man, you will have fun with that.

OMG - You have 991 GB storage. Stick another 20GB in there and make it 1TB lol!

When it's all up and running, I want to see screenshots of system, every drive, CPUz, SuperPI, the lot!

hope these works. bench marks still to come

EDIT: ok these dont seem to be working and ive doubled posted. let me try some different links.

EDIT: got them working now

Back
Top Bottom