XP Pro....upgrade or full version?

Yeah, Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is pretty much like Windows XP with the Media Center and extra theme, but XP Pro does have the additional networking features that Media Center lacks.

Yeah, I'm thinking I wil have to get the full version but that's not a big deal. Someone told me that I might have some work to do with drivers if I do a clean install. That concerns me, beig a rookie at this (fromatting a computer and re-installing everything), having to find/re-install drivers not supplied on the CDs for the hardware on the E1505 after I format it :eek:

Jordan Pardy said:
Whats the manufacturer? Dell? HP? etc. etc. Sorry I don't know much about laptops or their models...
Dell E1505. It has...
T2500 Technology (2GHz, 2MB Cache, 667MHz FSB)
Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
256MB ATI MobilityTM Radeon® X1400
15.4 inch UltraSharpTM Wide Screen SXGA+ w/Truelife
2GB super fast 533 MHz DDR2 Dual Channel RAM
100 GB 5400 rpm SATA
8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW)
Intel® PRO 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card
Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal
Integrated 10/100 network

So I'm not sure if I need to find drivers for all these components after I format the laptop??? :confused:

I would have just paid the upgrade fee from dell to get xp pro if that is what you needed. Then it would be installed and ready to go when you got the laptop, no fuss.

Tommy Boy said:
I would have just paid the upgrade fee from dell to get xp pro if that is what you needed. Then it would be installed and ready to go when you got the laptop, no fuss.
I would have done that if I had bought it from Dell direct. It would have been easier but I didn't have that option.

Back
Top Bottom