Too Many Icons

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Alright, I have a problem. Too Many icons.

This is my screenshot of my desktop:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/error_lord/helpme.jpg

See, Its cluttered, and I hate clutter, Only thing is.. I use everything on a regular basis. So... Does anyone have any ideas to help me clean house a bit? Maybe an interesting program that can like.. I dont know, group them like starsoft does.. only not quite lol

I cant stand having so many icons

I run half of them with winkey+r, but no one else knows the specific names of the stuff so they need to stay on the desktop lol

Dude... !

Quick remove that link or natalya will go crazy!!!

What happened to your shortcuts menu that u used everything for?

First person I thought of was her when I was screenshotting lol

yeah, I used to use to use that, but I wanted to go back to icons

been using icons for a week now lol

well there is a lot of stuff that I wouldn't keep as a desktop icon. Like msconfig, cmd, disk defragment, calculator, paint etc because u can also access them quickly from the start button. Might take me like 1 second to open my calculator from the start button so u really ain't going to save much time by using a desktop icon.

Also u have winrar and winzip in there. Well to be honest I probably open them like once in two years from their own folder, always just open the file I want to unzip and winrar automatically opens. And why do u need winzip anyway? Winrar does the same thing.

And u could always use object dock too, I like to have things like some of the folders I use alot, some games and other applications (like irc and firefox) on the object dock so I can acces them faster than from the desktop.

OMG! the easiest way to get rid of those but still to be able to access them quickly is by putting them into a quick launch menu, the one near the start button, like u have the show desktop button, just put it in a menu there, then put them alphabetically, so its easy! thats how i have it!

DOESNT THAT MAKE YOU DESKTOP FEEL CLUTTERED AND SMALL! MY GOD! AND DONT YOU GET A HEADACHE!!!! arghhhh thats gotta get clean ASAP! lol

this is what it should look like

natalya:
what is that media player in the bottom right?
cause i turned my comp totally apple style. ill post my screenshots later

boardordi3 said:
natalya:
what is that media player in the bottom right?
cause i turned my comp totally apple style. ill post my screenshots later

my luv, that media player on the bottom right is winamp! you know, the best media player out there for playing music! sux for burning stuff though cause u need to buy the pro version for burning, but for playing its mad!

www.winamp.com

natalya

Edit: thanx mark! post a pic of you desktop! i love seeing clean/tidy ones! makes myy day! lol

Back
Top Bottom