hopefully last noob question...

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
what in god's name is the point of overclocking?
i mean i get that it makes it faster, but will my laptop not lag if i do this?

boardordi3 said:
what in god's name is the point of overclocking?
i mean i get that it makes it faster, but will my laptop not lag if i do this?
The point of overclock is. to Get your hardware to a faster speed that its not rated at.

Example:
CPU at 9 x 1.8GHZ with 200mhz FSB, Put the FSB to 201FSB = 1809MHZ,
9MHZ Overclock. The more you do this, the more you have to add voltage to the cpu also the ram and mess with the ram dividers so your ram is stable your FSB.

Also:
Overclocking can be damaging to your hardware, say you overclock and your temps are higher and your cpu starts to overheat or close "that is why there is better coolers than Stock", well that is bad and it will limit the life of your cpu, also The more voltage you add to your cpu the less time it has to live. That is why new 65mn cores need little voltage to get a high overclock = Better life on cpu and better overclock :D

Wow I cant believe that by changing it frm for say 200 to 201 it changes it that much wow just amazing lol

why do people overclock? it gets you more speed for $0. Especially if you are a gamer that little extra speed can make a difference. Of course there are downsides to it like it reduces the life of your cpu, creates more heat...etc. You just need to make sure you have that taken care of.

Well I overclocked a little and it was causing me problems, mainly because I have cheap ram.

Someone forgot to tell him, you cant OC a laptop, its not possible...Well I think you cant right?

You cannot OC big brand name comapnies laptops. Like Dell or HP, although, ones Like Asus, you can. You can download hacked BIOS and OC. Although Ocing a laptop is insanly dangerious, as you can burn out your CPU fast

Yep, laptops cant be overclocked. They put slower components in laptops because of heat and weight issues. So therefore cant be overclocked whatsoever

And overclocking is great. I bought my CPU for £100 (AMD 3000+) at its stock speed is 1.8

I overclocked it to 2.55 which is faster than an AMD 4000+!!! Which costs £220!

Back
Top Bottom