Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i haqve asked many threads about this and u have said to reset my connection

also to delete the tcp/ip stack and renew them..

and other methods.....so can u explain how to do this...i have virus protection and anti spyware and my computer is clean....so can u explain how to do all of this stuff....thx :D

Re: Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

someone plz help!!!

Re: Connection Problems...disconnecting every 5 minutes on a 100mb/s connection..plz help

Are you behind a router?

yes..it is a linksys router....there are 4 computers on it...and i love you for answering :D

Go from your modem straight to this PC you're on, and see if the problem persists

i have tried it...it still disconnected...dude ill just talk to u on aim

ne one else???

Do all of the computers get disconnected or just one of them? And if it is just one of them is that computer connected wirelessly or wired?

its just mine...and it is connected by a wire directy to the router...could it possibly be my ethernet card???

Hmm.... I actually have that same exact problem with a computer connected to my d-link router. I was able to fix the wireless problems but not the wired problems. Completely uninstall any drivers you might have installed for the nic in your computer and then install the newest versions. Also, try and upgrade your firmware on your router. Is the computer you are having problems a very old computer? I know in your sig it said you are building one but i'm not sure if that just isn't updated and that is the computer you are using or not. I've read somewhere on google that really old computers tend to have this problem if the rate of data coming into the computer is too much for it to handle then it will reset its connection every couple of minutes hoping to fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom