What do you guys think

what i did (becuase my comp didnt come with an xp disk) was i downloaded a version of windows, but i used my legit cd key that came with my computer.

I don't think you can run multiple OSs easily on one partition.

Also, since partitions are just logical, and not physical, it's not going to benefit you much at all in terms of performance to make multiple partitions on one hard drive.

You can run them easily on one partition, you just have to store them in different Windows folders.

MCE isant all that great, the only thing different is the Media Centre software, which you can download and add to any XP installation anyway.

joxley1990 said:
You can run them easily on one partition, you just have to store them in different Windows folders.

MCE isant all that great, the only thing different is the Media Centre software, which you can download and add to any XP installation anyway.

Ohh really? Thats preety cool, so I can add the whole media center thing, where you hit photos ect.? Is this legal? ;)

TRDCorolla said:
You'll be happier with a legal version. I have a crack copy of XP now and I'm very limited to what I can download from Microsoft. It's terrible. Media Center is a good OS, but I feel XP is just as capable. WIth that in mind, leave it the way it is.
I agree also... Microsoft is way too strict with their "Windows Genuine Advantage" thing, so I'd go with legit.

yeah, but if you do decide to go the way of questionable legality (i'm likin that phrase) and u need m$ files, pm me :)

Its worth remembering that Windows Media Centre, is Windows XP professional with the media component. I had the same dilemma in regards to legit operating system, and I opted for the legit version of MCE. Personally I am glad I made that choice, I find the PVR software and recording of TV dead simple with MCE, whereas the closest PVR program I used previously was the one supplied by Hauppage with their TV card.

Its smooth, its not that resource hungry imo, well lets put it this way, I have noticed no slow down when I am doing my usual activities.

In regards to partitioning, I would do it 80/40, and put all your media on the other partition, that way if you ever need to reformat the drive, because you have been fiddling with the OS you know your media is safe and you won't lose it.

Back
Top Bottom