for those into paintball

ok for 12th grade, in one of my classes we had to research a topic of our choice and I chose paintball.

Nate Jones
05/25/2006

My Topic is going to be Paint ball, I think that it is really fun to play, I enjoy it a lot, I play Paint ball every chance I get, i just love the thrill of rushing in, I kind of feel like I am in the army, Kind of because I am sneaking around quietly and i am looking for a target and if i find that target I have to take the target out. It kind of makes me feel like I am in a video game. Paint ball is also about Teamwork and I like teamwork, What I hope to learn about is the different terms, How to assemble and disassemble various different types of Paint ball guns. I also want to learn about the various uses of equipment.

Paintball is a sport played by people of all ages, both men and women, children and adults.
People every where play it. First We could start off with the creation of paintball or the history of it. Paintball guns (also called paintball markers) were originally used by the forestry and farming industries to mark trees and cattle. he first semi-automatic paintball gun that was available for purchase was the SMG60, designed by Dennis Tippmann. These early paintball guns were similar to many paintball pistols of today – they were powered by CO2 cartridges and had poor range and mediocre accuracy. The most famous model, and the one that people first starting playing actual paintball games with, was the Neel-Spot 007 pistol. James Hale of Daisy Manufacturing invented the design in 1970, but the production of these paintball guns was carried out by Nelson Paint Company .

The first paintball gun manufactured specifically for the sport of paintball was the Splatmaster, which was patented in 1985. It was first introduced into the world in the 1980's. The idea for the first ever actual paintball gun was introduced in the1970's, when it was used as a tool for marking trees and livestock. In 1981, twelve friends played the first recreational paintball game using these industrial paintball guns on a field measuring over 100 acres. But when paintball first came out it was not called Paintball it was called "The National Survival Game." it was first called this because it meant that a group of 10 or so friends got together in the woods and would play what was called total elimination games. The first ever paintball outdoor Field started in 1982, The very first Indoor field started in 1984. The first professional tournament was held in 1983. Even then, the prizes where worth $14,000. Today, major tournaments have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of prizes. One of the major forces in tournament games, the NPPLwas founded in 1992-1993.

What is paintball?Paintball is a game played up of many players or teams. It can be played indoors or out, with as few as two people or as many as 500. Paintball is played at designated fields, back yards or even in the woods. A game can last as little as 5 minutes or hours with all depending on one to take something, find something, or to just be the last person not marked. Depending on the location of where you play, the strategy of your game will vary from being quiet and sneaky and choosing your shots carefully, to being loud, fast, and shooting constantly. Paintball is a competitive sport played like any other competitive sport, to win. It is challenging game of tag, hide-and-seek or even capture-the-flag. Being you shoot at other people and they shoot at you, paintball requires safety equipment to be worn such as goggles, special clothing and etc.

An essential part of paintball is the paintball itself. As in tennis, the ball is the main element of a paintball game. But unlike a tennis game, paintball has dozens, often hundreds, of "balls" in play at any one time. As the name implies, these balls are actually tiny containers of paint.

Maintaining safety in paintball is important to make the game safe. The power of paintball guns is strictly regulated. Guns in play are adjusted so that the maximum speed of the paintball is 300 feet per second. A paintball traveling at this speed is not likely to cause serious injury if it hits you, though it will sting and can leave a bruise. Also, since wind resistance starts slowing the paintball down as soon as it leaves the gun, it has a reduced impact when fired from a greater distance. Speeding paintballs can cause serious injury to the eyes and paintball players always wear protection.
In addition to playing paintball for recreational use, paintball is also part of military and police training. In terms of feel and handling, a paintball gun has little in common with an actual firearm, but paintball is still good training for combat situations. Mainly, it lets soldiers and police practice strategy and the fine art of not getting shot.

There are many paintball leagues around with American Paintball League being one of the largest in the paintball industry. Another paintball league is the National Professional Paintball League. There are the two main paintball leagues. Though they both pertain to paintball, each has their own set of rules for playing the sport.

The ammo for paintball guns are called paintballs, Paintballs have a really simple construction. They're actually a lot like bath-oil beads. They are made of colored liquid enclosed in a gelatin shell and are available in a variety of colors. Paintball are also non-toxic, biodegradable and are water soluble. Basically, a paintball is like a small water balloon, weighing only a few grams. The shell holds up if you handle it or drop it from a short distance. When you shoot a paintball from a gun, however, it bursts on impact and leaves large splatter of paint. The job of the paintball gun, or as many call a marker, is to shoot the paintball at a high rate of speed. In a standard gun, the propulsion system is compressed gas such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen or ordinary air and is stored in small or large tanks that can be attached to the gun. The paintball gun is also attached to a hopper, which holds the paintballs.

thats it so far :D

uhh, okay, i thought u wer like 12, not 18
hmm, or is that john?
nate, john, alright, nvm
looks pretty good, i think paintball is one word though, but i doubt ur teacher will care...

boardordi3 said:
uhh, okay, i thought u wer like 12, not 18
hmm, or is that john?
nate, john, alright, nvm
looks pretty good, i think paintball is one word though, but i doubt ur teacher will care...
ROFL :D John's the one that is 12... lol.

But, in regards to the essay, it seems to be good... :)

Call me picky, but
The ammo for paintball guns are called paintballs, Paintballs have a really simple construction
The word "paintballs" has to start lowercase or that comma has to be a period, lol...

Back
Top Bottom