FX-62 released, AM2 socket

I can beleive that. But as for now, that Conroe is kickin.

But ive really been outta the processors for the last few months.... I barely know whats going on, lol

Well technically, AM2 is still the King, but WHEN Core 2 Duo launches, game over baby, game over.

Currently AMD is being beat, granted i'll say that but you know what i'm not switching to intel quite yet. For one that price range of those CPUs are WAY OUTOF MY BUDGET. Chances my lil old socket 939 will have to do for the next few years. In fact I can easly keep my Socket 939 and still have a wicked PC for the next 3 or 4 years with upgrades :)

I'm building an AM2 myself, but for the summer. Changes can happen, so that's why I still think i'll outperform my PCs. Although, if there is a FIRST 128-bit CPU in summer, I couldn't care less about money, I WILL buy it.

128-bit processors won't be in the consumer market anytime soon. Maybe in a few years or so, but it's too early.

Oh and Nik0017, the Core 2 Duo E6700 they tested in the link that Ownage showed you, it's about $500. Still not bad though considering they can overclock like beasts even on air.

Core 2 Duo Pricing List

FX-62, mehhhh. Screw high end, i'm gonna stick to my 3200+.

128-bit? sheesh, we haven't even officially moved to 64-bit. God the software is falling in terms of CPU features.

Nik00117 said:
Thats nice, i'm sticking to my AMD :)

Haha, well just wait. When Core 2 Duo launches in two months, Pentium D's will drop in price like crazy. You remember how the Pentium D 805 got some excitement over it because it was the only dual-core that could overclock to 4.1ghz stable on air for under $130? Well now it'll be the cheapest and highest overclocking dual-core for the money. $93 gets you the Pentium D 805, and it'll get up to 4.1ghz stable on AIR! :D Imagine that...dual-core for $93. O.O

Alvino i'd be ashamed of a intel, but then again I could always keep my AMD stickeron the side and say I'll support them! As soon s their Dual CPUs go below a 100 :) But no seriously of now my CPU isnot high on my update list.

Back
Top Bottom