Gallery: Your Workstation

G15 all the way baby

g15-700665.jpg

The G15 is such a bite off. The whole illuminated key idea was Saitek's and Logitech just made some keyboard based on it. Sure, it has that little screen that shows you stats, but who actually looks down to check that? There's something called a HUD or Heads Up Display. Not to mention it costs $80 frickin' bucks. I think I'll just buy the Saitek Eclipse instead, more ORIGINAL.

EDIT>>> Nevermind. It costs $74.99 at Newegg.com, but with instant savings of $6.00 so it costs $68.00. Still too expensive for a keyboard.

i dont believe that the illuminated keyboard was in anyway saiteks idea, there was many before them who have made them just not big companies, plus, theres no media buttons or programmable macros, usb hub.The G15 also comes with a handy, Windows key disable switch so that you can minimize you game by accident. And its usually the same if not less than the saitek.

slayer322 said:
i dont believe that the illuminated keyboard was in anyway saiteks idea, there was many before them who have made them just not big companies, plus, theres no media buttons or programmable macros, usb hub.The G15 also comes with a handy, Windows key disable switch so that you can minimize you game by accident. And its usually the same if not less than the saitek.

Saitek was one of the first companies to come out with the illuminated key idea. The G15 is big, expensive and comes with so many features that you wish you had less because you'll never use them all. Becides, do you actually use thos Media buttons or programmable buttons? The USB hub is different, it's just an excuse for them to jack up prices and an excuse for lazyasses to not get up and actually plug it into their computer. Umm, actually the G15 is more expensive than the Saitek Eclipse. It normally sells for about $40 and the G15 is about $60-$80 (depending where).

alvino said:
Saitek was one of the first companies to come out with the illuminated key idea. The G15 is big, expensive and comes with so many features that you wish you had less because you'll never use them all. Becides, do you actually use thos Media buttons or programmable buttons? The USB hub is different, it's just an excuse for them to jack up prices and an excuse for lazyasses to not get up and actually plug it into their computer. Umm, actually the G15 is more expensive than the Saitek Eclipse. It normally sells for about $40 and the G15 is about $60-$80 (depending where).

I do use all the media buttons, i even use fraps which displays my fps on the G15 screen while im playing. And the $40 saitek is just a decent looking kb with lights underneath it. The macros i also usevery often as well.

If you want a kb thats worht the money especially if you game or code, and your gonna use the features, get a G15. Well worth the money spent.

Yeah, usually illuminated keyboards don't "flash". They're usually dim and hardly distracts the eye, unless you're watching a movie on your computer at night and in the dark.

I agree the G15 is great. I also use most of the features. the illuminated keys help alot. though playing FP shooters u have to know your keys.

Yeah, if you play it enough, you don't need illuminated keys to find your way. The REAL problem I have with it is it's size. It's footprint is BIG for a keyboard. Although most of you put it on top of your desks, I use it on a sliding drawer type surface which has limited space.

Back
Top Bottom