Cancer

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
How am I supposed to support my friend? He's leaving for the air force as some of you know. But what I didnt know is that hes going into it because that was his dads dream is to have his sons in the air force together.

Well, His dad has cancer and might die anywhere from now to october... It really sucks because his dad is like.. really cool too..

I know that my friend is hurting, how would you feel if your dad could die at any moment? I don't know how I'm supposed to be there for the guy.. I've never lost anyone, Closest Ive come is loosing my grandfather and he ended up being fine.

Paradox said:
How am I supposed to support my friend? He's leaving for the air force as some of you know. But what I didnt know is that hes going into it because that was his dads dream is to have his sons in the air force together.

Well, His dad has cancer and might die anywhere from now to october... It really sucks because his dad is like.. really cool too..

I know that my friend is hurting, how would you feel if your dad could die at any moment? I don't know how I'm supposed to be there for the guy.. I've never lost anyone, Closest Ive come is loosing my grandfather and he ended up being fine.
I understand what a terrible diilemma you're going through, & I can sincerely sympathise with you, I lost my dear wife to cancer after 40 years of marriage, as you probably know, & it is hard, very hard, with me, it happened 9 years ago, & I'm still coming to terms with it, just support your friend in the best way you can, as I'm sure you will, 'luck. :)

The only person i've ever lost is my grandma, and i honestly didn't see her very often either. it helps to just do whatever happens, if you cry, you cry, don't try to hold your feelings back. the only medicine is time...

yes a sentimental speech, but now ill be back to my usual annoying self

I recently lost an Aunt to cancer, it took her Six months after she was diagnosed. It don't take long :(

I think my grandpa on my mother's side of the family died from cancer.. not too positive though.. happened before I was born.

Lets see... I knew three people throughout my life that have died. Two of them were my grandma and great grandma.. they lived good long lives.. (like 75+ years) so I wasn't broken by them dying.. just sad for a little while.

Sadly, the third, was a 15 year old girl that commited suicide.

TBH, if your friend doesn't want to go into the air force he's going to really hate it,
but you have to nuderstand that he's really only trying to carry out his dads dying wishes, and make him happy before he goes.

bearing in mind that he's doing it for his dad, and he's alreay signed up. short of just wishing your friend good luck there isn't an aweful lot that you can do really!

I think the only thing that you can do to support your friend is to just let him know that you're still his friend and that you look forward to him getting some leave so that you can meet up and go for a night out or something.

Yeah, I agree too...

if your friend doesn't want to go into the air force he's going to really hate it,
but you have to nuderstand that he's really only trying to carry out his dads dying wishes, and make him happy before he goes.
Yeah... that would make him feel better before he goes. :)

Btw, what does TBH mean?... and I like your avatar too! :D

Back
Top Bottom