Half-Life 2 and my computer...

it will work I tryed it on onboard 32MB Intel that gets a nice score of 2K in 3dmark 01,

But the frames are so bad I rember i have fraps runing and it was around 5 frames to 2 frames. It does this becuase most VIA , Intel , SIS onboards are all 1 Pipeline,

Nate sayed it plays fine on hes becuase he has "ATI Radeon Mobility M7 Graphics with 32M" meaning better than VIA or SIS or Intel ONBOARD :p

It should run the game, but the frame rates you will get will probably be low. I looked at the link you gave for your comp, and it only has two expansions slots, both pci. Get the Radeon 9250, it should give you decent performance for HL2, and CS: Source.

I ran half life 2 with absolutly no problems on High settings with..

1 gb of Kingston Hyper X memory

2 ghz intel pentium 4 processor

and a 64 mb Nividia graphics card (not sure which model its just the generic one that came in my dell machine)

If you ask me for source, or online games in general its more so depends on your internet connection then your graphic power. So as long as your not running on 56k dial up you should be good.

Yup, all VALVe games are optimized for ATI cards.

Oh and you might want to correct that spelling error in your signature. It's "Christian" not "Chrisitan". :)

Legodude522 said:
It doesn't work that way.

Yes it does. Most integrated graphics cores and any ATI or nVIDIA card that has HyperMemory or TurboCache basically uses your system RAM as part of it's video RAM. Then less RAM will be needed on the card itself which makes it cheaper. You can usually change the amount of RAM it uses up in the BIOS.

alvino said:
Yup, all VALVe games are optimized for ATI cards.

Oh and you might want to correct that spelling error in your signature. It's "Christian" not "Chrisitan". :)

Yes it does. Most integrated graphics cores and any ATI or nVIDIA card that has HyperMemory or TurboCache basically uses your system RAM as part of it's video RAM. Then less RAM will be needed on the card itself which makes it cheaper. You can usually change the amount of RAM it uses up in the BIOS.
Well I meant it wouldn't be like 1gb of RAM for video as previously said.

alvino said:

lol man, what happens if the card has GDDR3 and your system ram is at 200mhz compard to 1GHZ video card speed.

It needs the ram from the motherborad will gues what. if the card has only 64MB and takes about 192MB to make 256 well that 192 is going to be slow has hell compard to that 64MB.

So im think there slow is becuse the 64MB chip or chips has to slow down to that speed of 200MHZ like your system ram to match bandwidth

Can someone help me? arnt im right :confused:

Usually they use HyperMemory and TurboCache for budget cards like the 6200 or X1300. In that case, they use DDR or DDR2 so the speed isn't that big of an issue. They wouldn't use fast and expensive GDDR3 for budget cards.

alvino said:
Usually they use HyperMemory and TurboCache for budget cards like the 6200 or X1300. In that case, they use DDR or DDR2 so the speed isn't that big of an issue. They wouldn't use fast and expensive GDDR3 for budget cards.
yea but DDR2 is still faster than DDR at 200MHZ or PC3200? so wouldnt teh video card memory slow down

Yeah it would, but ATI and nVIDIA don't expect you to game with a 6200 or something. Budget users DON'T need that speed or power, just something to get things done.

Back
Top Bottom