16fps avg. on bf2 causing connection problems leading to disconnecting????

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i am building a new computer in a while but for now i only have mine which i have played bf2 on for a long time...now i get disconnected a lot on bf2 and other video games...now i did fraps in a single player game with everything low dynamic shadows of...and no anti aliasing (dynamic lighting low) and 75% viewing distance...now the avg fps i got was 16.323 fps...the highest being 19 adn the lowest being 15...now could this cause me to disconnect because online i may be getting even lower framerate causing my computer to not be ablet o keep up with the game???? thx...if not could it be a router problem or should i contact my internet provider???thx:D

Cant be anything do with your FPS, must be some sort of timeout problem. Contact your ISP. Get them to reset your connection. Reset it yourself first like..

I would be more worried about getting the highest FPS of 19 on a 7600GT - I sometimes play BF2, and on medium-ish settings - I get 35 FPS tops - and im on a 128MB FX5500 for darn sake!

oh sry that is the computer im going to build...here are my specs right now

pentium 4 1.8ghz
intel d845hv mobo
768mb ram (3x256)
eVGA 5200 128mb 64bit agp4x

yeh that is my prob...with my new build i will run much better...

also i got about 18-20 avg fps with all low graphics at 50% viewing distance...but how can i reset my connection by myself??? thx :D

dude bf2 is just a gfx card eating machine. even with a top end card it will jump around form time to time

guys nvm about my fps theory i just need to know how to reset my connection...i have a linksys router btw if that helps ne...thx :D

also should i be resetting my router??? thx

Switch everything off..computers, modem, router.

Wait 10 minutes..

Switch on in this order

Modem - wait 5 mins
Router - wait 5 mins
Computers - one by one

Then - do ipconfig /renew on all computers.

joxley1990 said:
Switch everything off..computers, modem, router.

Wait 10 minutes..

Switch on in this order

Modem - wait 5 mins
Router - wait 5 mins
Computers - one by one

Then - do ipconfig /renew on all computers.

You don't need to shut off the computers. Maybe the modem and routers... but thats it.

You do, seriosley, ring any ISP tech support.

Think about it, when you switch off the router, then switch it back on, it will see the computer is connected, and try and make a connection straight away.

Seriosley, do it.

ok so i turn off everything....then i turn on the modem...then my router...then my computer??? aslo what is ipconfig??? ...i need some indepth explanations here

edit:..also will this let my computer stop disconnecting???...it even does in on msn messenger..aim...and xbox live...thx :D

Back
Top Bottom