FPS Problems?

Toxicwboy

Baseband Member
So I love to play a little counterstrike here or there and I've begun to notice my overall FPS (frames per a second). Of course it's going to vary from map to map and the amount of people on a server but sometimes it is completely different on different days.

For example, just now I was playing a level on a server and was averaging 50-70 fps.

Yesterday I played the same map, near same amount of people, and same server, and was averageing 100-120 fps.

Something must be going on and I have no idea what.

No overclocking has been done on my pc and it's clean of viruses/spam/spyware/adware. The only thing I could think of that MAY have something to do with it is my keyboard being messed up and registering the "enter" button at random times.

My buddy suggested it happens maybe when I start my computer and the enter button registers too much without me knowing.

No idea.

Hate to be a burden but does anyone know what's going on?

Specs are as follows:

Processor:
Amd Athlon Dual 64x

Memory:
4 gigs. Overkill? Hell yeah.

Video Card:
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX

Sound Card:
none =X

Keyboard:
Dynex, nothing special

Operating System:
Windows x64

Those are the only things I think you would need to know what's going on.

well.....a soundcard would boost your fps a bit.. but why are you so concerned about 50-70 fps? the eye can't see past 60 fps, so you wouldn't notice the difference. the server you were in might have had some miscellaneous mods with no apparent use but to lag up the game. do the majority of servers give you 100 fps or do they mostly get 70?

fpx_max 100 or 120 should work in your console. your talking bout css i hope cus if ur playing cs on that pc lol

mudda_fudda said:
fpx_max 100 or 120 should work in your console. your talking bout css i hope cus if ur playing cs on that pc lol

CSS all the way all settings to the max :p . What would that command do? Max it at that?

Regular cs im pretty sure had a default max fpx of like 80 you should try that it should just increase your ability to have more fps. your fps can go down because of alot of things. H.E. grenades blowing up smoke will defineatly lower your fps, flashbangs might increase it because its just a screen of white for a tiny bit. 2 many bullets being shot at once, 2 many people on a server

Depending on the server speed sometimes, you can get lower speed.

kchi55 said:
well.....a soundcard would boost your fps a bit.. but why are you so concerned about 50-70 fps? the eye can't see past 60 fps

Wrong! The eye can see impossibly many FPS. Once a car hits 80MPH-200MPH, look down. You'll see the that it is too fast for eye.

lhuser said:
Depending on the server speed sometimes, you can get lower speed.

Wrong! The eye can see impossibly many FPS. Once a car hits 80MPH-200MPH, look down. You'll see the that it is too fast for eye.
It does boost it though, even if you cant notice the difference a sound card does give you a few more frames. I think in 3DMark03's sounds test my score went up about 10frames per second.

Hmm, see I just hit averaging 120-200 fps.

Of course that's a different server and map but it shouldn't be varying that much. It doesn't matter about the eye that is seeing the FPS it's the fact of the server registering the shots at that speed, regardless of eyesight.

So tonight (being last night) I hoped on a server (de_dust2) and was averageing 40-70 fps. This was from a fresh reboot. Mildly angered I rebooted, hoped on a different server and averaged 120-200 on a different server same amount of people (map = scoutzknifez). This shouldn't be varying this much. I'll try and run some tests on my computer with several runs after a fresh reboot on a created server with the same amount of bots running the same route on the same map.

If nothing really is the matter it should average about the same(ish).

If it doesn't average the same something HAS to be up.

I'll post later tonight on the results.

Test:
Several runs on a self created server with 1 bot.

Map= De_dust2
Route= Buy deag, run b tunnels to t spawn.
Side= CT
Before hand= Reboot, only logging in, not xing out of the crap AIM window that logs up and waiting 20 seconds after typing my pass.

Back
Top Bottom