on mouse over command

They would have to download the file first...you would just have to give them an ahref link to the file..you can't make it so when they visit the website they get an infected with an exe which is most likely a virus no offense to your self...not with html anyway.

well if I cant do that, what else can I do. I fixed it up to where when u go to the site ur aim away comes up. anything else like that I can do?

to poen a local file you just use a link link
Code:
<a href="file:///c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe">Open CMD</a>

you can execute exe files, but you'll most likely have to do this with an activeX control.
there are three problems with this approach.
1st, it's IE only,
2nd unsigned activeX controls are blocked from running (so again requires user intervention).
3rd, default IE setup stops activeX opening exe files...

so it is possible, you just need to have set the browser up to do it first!

Ahh root, that makes sense considering if he wants them to open an exe they will be using windows anyway.

MSFanBoy said:
Ahh root, that makes sense considering if he wants them to open an exe they will be using windows anyway.

thats wot he ment in the first place unless you hav e seen CMD (COMMAND PROMPT) on the dam internet some of you geek aint as smart as you think and nice to see there is some helpfull people on here root!!

Back
Top Bottom