Fried motherboard?

What id like to do is take a lighter (or torch!) and just kinda melt everything around a (not all) major parts. Im not sure if ram overheats, because it would be fun there. But take the video card socket, and just heat it up like no other. And that would do it :D

Although.. Gently misting it while its running might prove to be fun.

Mess with the jumpers ;) I caused a harddrive to fry that way and sparks came out :D

BTW, burning silicon is toxic. So do it outside.

if there is no physical damage can u tell if a mobo is fried, like i have one that wouldnt start up past the intro screen for windows

Cheers for all ur ideas and comments - their very much appreciated. Just popped the mobo into an ex server of mine and darn it wont work - what a bugger! O well, I suppose I will have to make a claim ;)

Will report back soon!

Regards!

longworm said:
if there is no physical damage can u tell if a mobo is fried, like i have one that wouldnt start up past the intro screen for windows
FYI, bad RAM will cause that sort of thing.

longworm said:

if a mobo is friend it wont even get you to the log on screen for windows so it probably was something else.. bec uase a friend motherboard won even power up

the ram is good i installed it on another cpu...and i didnt install any hard/software before it went i just restarted and it didnt work

Back
Top Bottom