VOIP and Internet Modems

d_source

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know where (preferably in Canada, GTA) I would be able to find a Motorola SB5100 Internet modem and/or a Motorola VG100 voice terminal box? For less than $100CAD pls. I am thinking of buying instead of renting these modems b/c it just makes more sense. Plus i am thinking of switching from Rogers to a new company called CIA for homephone and Internet (https://www.cia.com/index.do) They only charge $39.95 for both homephone + High speed internet (6mb). But thats for the service. On top of that (there's always a catch) is the price of the modem rentals...$5ea or $100ea to buy (same as Rogers). Anyways, i wanted to know if i could find those for a better price somewhere or soemthing else thats compatible.

Thanks.

Are You Sure That You Can Have Your Own Modem?
It May Be Part Of The Contract That You Have To Have Theirs.
Woz
P.S WHY MOTOROLA?

Ya, i talked to the guy at CIA and have spoken to the CSR at Rogers in the past and they both say that u can have ur own but there are only certain types that will work with their system. Hence the motorola modem. There are several other brands that they will accept, but i would assume that the motorola one would be the most common/easiest to find. Besides, thats the one he told me to look for.

Back
Top Bottom