Increase number of letters in a post, before posting

Half Evil

Golden Master
Right now, its like one only right? Well I see alot of Lol, LMAO, ROLF, hahaha crap about. Really, thats pointless junk. I catch myself doing it every so often. I shouldnt.. But I dont think. So I think increasing it from like one to maybe 10 or 15 characters, before allowing to post. And when someone does this ''...........lol" that would be considered spam, and delt with accordingly.

Erm 15 characters is like really easy but this again they'd just lengthed out the post and lets jsut let the LMAO, ROLF, and LOL continue as long as it doesn't get to the exterme which it hasn't.

Good idea, I was gonna bring something else up also, is it possible, to set the site up so you cant triple post. Maybe you guys should give 3 day bans out, for people who triple post. Im sure if you say you will ban people for triple posts, no one will even do it, so all in all we would all win no?

Hmm.. Well a mod would do it. But you need to buy those, and you could get someone to script it, but no one knows how. So.. I guess no on that one. Good idea though. Lol.. good idea on the bans though, ill keep it in mind :D

guys i think the rules around here are really, really getting strict. let's all chill for a while. no one is going to die if someone makes a post saying "ROFL", arrix, i've seen you do it as well. to be honest, ut never bothered me. if you say something funny, then it's fine if someone aknowledges it by saying LOL. it's just a forum.

Lol, I know I have. But I post so fast, I dont even think about it. Thats one reason, so it stops me from doing it..

Dev0115 said:
Good idea, I was gonna bring something else up also, is it possible, to set the site up so you cant triple post. Maybe you guys should give 3 day bans out, for people who triple post. Im sure if you say you will ban people for triple posts, no one will even do it, so all in all we would all win no?
That might prove difficult for some mod's, [I could name one in particular, besides myself ] I double & triple post sometimes when warning unspecified members about offending, I find that this has a good effect, & usually calms the forum down.

ArrizX said:
Hmm.. Well a mod would do it. But you need to buy those, and you could get someone to script it, but no one knows how. So.. I guess no on that one. Good idea though. Lol.. good idea on the bans though, ill keep it in mind :D
There are loads of free modifications for vBulletin at www.vbulletin.org , most mods you don't have to pay for, I have modded my forum with loads of mods for free...

Back
Top Bottom