Raid 0?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
i was thinking of getting a second hard drive of what i have now and setting it up in RAID 0, that supposedly doubles the speed right? is it worth it?

I/O performance is greatly improved by spreading the I/O load across many channels and drives

Best performance is achieved when data is striped across multiple controllers with only one drive per controller

I doubt it would double your speed... It is faster but raid 0 is not fault tolerant so remember to backup your important data.

Well, we can RAID 0 SATA drives with each drive using it's own SATA controller on the motherboard. Most motherboards have like 4 of them we can use with the IDE controllers reserved just for the DVD drive.

ive done some research on it and it looks like it doesnt improve loading times at all but it does help seeking time, oh well doesnt seem worth it to me

Probably not because getting two hard drives and having them in RAID 0 still treats it as one drive and not two separate drive. You're losing the other drive's capacity for storage if space is important to you. The performance is there, but won't "wow" you.

Back
Top Bottom