Widescreen or no?

ohhh i just saved you from a double post :p, your post appeared like half a second after mine did lol.

Sceptre is good eh? cool. I don't think the difference between 6ms and 8ms is anything to even care about.

So as long as i'm conservative (like i've always been with my dad's LCD monitor) I should have no problems..

Do you like to watch movies? You'll appreciate it for that. As for games, my Sceptre hasn't failed me yet. Performs flawlessly.

Yeah, alvino has a mother of a moniter. Same brand. They seem great for widescreen.. I say go for it. As you take good care of your stuff. You worry about all this, but when you get it, there wont be a sinlge thing to worry about.

I like to watch movies quite a bit. I also use this computer for work and such. So it's not an all-gaming PC. I know this Widescreen will kick ass for movies and work and the such, but if your having lots of luck with yours in games.. then hell, I might as well get it.

The only thing I don't like about this one is the fact it can only push 1440x900...

I kinda want to get your monitor, naga3..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824112176

Costs quite a bit more... You think it's worth the extra cash, alvino?

Monniters can go past their max as it says on newegg. It says the max for a 17'' is like 1280x768 but i can push it to 1280x1224. But its a CRT so really I only put it at 1280x960. My point, is that it will go smaller. Although, im sure that resolution will be just fine :D

I don't think LCDs can go past thier native resolution. meaning I can't use 1280x1024, the max resolution i'll be able to use in games that don't support widescreen is 1024x768.

Just so you know, here is my 20.1" Sceptre widescreen monitor. :)

DSCN2076.jpg

It's at 1680x1050.

yeah, 1680x1050 is it's native resolution. The one i'm looking at can't do that. That is one PRETTY monitor... mmm.... I want.. :(

I wish I could see a picture of both of them next to each other, doing some comparisons

standard looked the best to me I don't like wide screen movies it's really up to you if you want to see everything in wide screen it's your choice in my experience wide screen monitors are a little dim and the picture is a little weird

Back
Top Bottom