Phone experts..

Man, I wanna get this thing unlocked, so I can trade with my cousins, he wants to use for phone for a bit, and I wanna take his for a while, but he has t-mobile, and I have cingular, he got his phone unlocked, but I stil have to get mine done. He has a samsgung t809, that phone is amazing, looks so nice!

God damn, I learn all this after I get the phone. I shouldve done some research..

nokias are quite easy to unlock (some of the older ones) but se's are a pain. if you really like this phone then id just live with it or debrand it, or you could just unlock it and swap. what files cant you del then? wouldnt bother me.

Like the wallpapers, and themes that came with the phone. Also 3 ringtones they put on the phone, its a 256mb built in, so I cant upgrade, so I just want all the mb's I can get, you know what I mean?

yea i do. i have 12mb on my phone and can survive lol. do you have a load of songs? and if so do you compress them? i use nero to compress my songs and i can choose a file size. it means you would be able to fit a lot more songs on your phone (quality is reduced the smaller the file size, but not that much). just a tip :)

Yeah, I have around 40 full songs, in mp3 format. But I thought Walkman phones only play the mp3 format for music, because my cousin, sent me some songs via bluetooth, and they didnt work because they were in I think 3gp format? Can you suggest me a good converter that is free? Also, what format should I convert them to..because Im not sure on which ones work on the w600i, you know what your talking about, so I trust ur word..Thanks again..

if you compress them in nero they are still mp3. my phone uses 3gp. 3gp are usually video files. try converting them to mp4s as im sure thats the w600 video type. i cant think of any converters to convert 3gp to mp4 but mpegx4live converts mpegs to mp4s so you could convert yourself some videos. gtg for a bit. hope ive helped

Ohh, I know what I can do. For mp3 files, using the se program, all I do is turn down the kbps of each song, and that will reduce the size.

Back
Top Bottom