My current view of the Christian religion

RiverS said:
ok first of you believe in Jesus rite...and all the miracles that he acomplished...have you ever heard of the Trinity (the Father- God, The son - Jesus, and the holy spirit- the holy spirit lol) they are all one....so basicly if you believe in Jesus its like beliveing in God...they are both the same person...its to complicated for the human mind to take but you just gotta think of it that way, As long as your wife belived that Jesus died for her sins so that did not have to go to hell she will be in Heaven...but you can't say that she did or didn't...you can't judge some1 on being a christian or not. But i afraid ultimatly (and no offence) that if she didn't she is in hell...that may be a shock to some poeple. And all people die for a reason...god dosn't just let them die because he can't be bothered trying to save them....any quetions feel free to ask.
I believe that there was a guy called jesus, (it's not hard to believe that the guy actually existed...).
what I don't believe is that he was immaculatly concieved, and the son of the supposad creator of everything.!

as for the miracles.

I also believe that there is a guy called david blane alive today and I'm pretty sure he does some really freaky stuff that I can't explain, honestly if it were 2000 years ago david blane could have claimed he were the son of a god rather that just an illusionist!!.

One chance to get into heaven?

I think I'd rather spend an eternity in purgetory with the rest of the free thinkers in the world that had too many questions in their minds to just blindly believe!

that guy that you are talking about the david guy is just as you said an "illusionist" , how the hell can some fake putting an severed off ear back on some1?, have you ever actually read the bible...you should try it. So ultimately you would like to just walk around doing things that in your heart you know isn't right?...then go to hell were your life will be miserable forever....an eternity...

There was infact a Jesus. He was a prophet. And no I'm not just going from the Da Vinci code :/...
The Dead Sea Scrolls are interesting, Google is your friend here.

The Bible contradicts and confuses itself at various times... Such as the point root and kage are making about the HnH.

I've read the bible, or at least sections of it, many times, I'm not closed to religions, I find them interesting if nothing else, and believe me, if I could read hebrew I'd be reading a jewish bible now, if I could read arabic I'd be reading the arabic scriptures...

Plastic surgeons re-attach all kinds of things everyday but I'm not about the start worshipping them...

And I can even see them doing it with my own eyes.
there is still no proof that jesus actually performed any of his supposable miracles, unless you count a 2000 year old book that has been revised translated, re-written and re-interperated more times than I've had hot meals in my life!!!

root said:
a 2000 year old book that has been revised translated, re-written and re-interperated more times than I've had hot meals in my life!!!
Exactly. Not to mention picked over :/

o well i guesse we are all intitled to have our own beliefs...(no offence or nything but) your loss not my'n

If God loves every single one of us, How come he sends people to hell. Jesus died for our sins remember.

root said:
I believe that there was a guy called jesus, (it's not hard to believe that the guy actually existed...).

It has been proven that a guy name Jesus was living in the city of Nazareth (sp?), but I do agree with u about the miracles. I just find it too hard to believe in that kind of stuff.

Wow, this thread is mixed in opinions :p

I think I'm going to leave this thread now though, as no opinions in any state or form matter in a religious thread, since your born to believe what you believe. Its something thats stuck with you for your whole life.

I know for one that my mind can't and probably never will accept the possiblity of anything after.
I do in some way believe that it was created to house people in a protective state while on earth. Have them something to believe so they don't worry about death, and to create a kind of control (only my view),

But again, it doesn't matter what I think. Who ever has there views, has there views. It'd be impossible in my opinion to make someones views switch after its been implanted, and in a way it'd also be wrong to.

I definietly don't agree that people who don't believe, but are good people should be damned to hell for not believeing in something this world, though religion exists in people, can't be found in other ways.

If he wanted people to see, surely he'd of planted evidence (More so than a book, and people). Something that would proove it to exist no matter what. Something science couldn't even disproove.

Anyway yeah :p

root said:
what I don't believe is that he was immaculatly concieved, and the son of the supposad creator of everything.!

as for the miracles.

I also believe that there is a guy called david blane alive today and I'm pretty sure he does some really freaky stuff that I can't explain, honestly if it were 2000 years ago david blane could have claimed he were the son of a god rather that just an illusionist!!.

One chance to get into heaven?

I think I'd rather spend an eternity in purgetory with the rest of the free thinkers in the world that had too many questions in their minds to just blindly believe!
I've just remembered, a few years ago, a locay guy, David Icke, [pronounced "ike"] announced he was the son of god, he was on TV a lot for a while, now you never see him, he visited the US, to spread the word once, to "spread the word", man, he was freaky but he dressed conventionly decent suit, no beard, always grinning, yuck, he was weird!

Back
Top Bottom