No Virtual Drives work...

Lol no no. That was just randomly highlighted. Sorry for the confusion.

daemon.exe

That is what you should look for when in safe mode. if it is running, right click on it and end it. then try and delete that driver file.

lol ouch my bad. But yeah, daemon.exe is not running. I dont even have Daemon installed at all right now. I get an error whenever I attempt to install it.
After reading a ton of other posts dealing with stuff similar to this, i'm starting to think it could be a scsi driver error somewhere. What do you think?

I was thinking about a reformat, but that means so many programs that I have to reinstall and redo all of my settings that I have made for media center. I wish vista would just come out already so I could install that!

Hm... Any spare computers? Just slave a harddrive, and copy it all, then reformat, and copy it back.

Or like two DVDs would do it. Assuming you dont have any games to backup, or too many TV shows, or any moves.

I'm just gonna make another partition on my harddrive and copy everything onto that. And then reformat the other partition with windows on it, then merge the 2 partitions together. I've done that before and it works out pretty good. I guess this actually is good that I'm gonna reformat, helps completely clear out my computer of any junk that I might not have catched getting into my computer. Well thanks so much for all the help ArrizX!! Considering its 3:30 AM here i'm not gonna get started on any of the backup process yet. Dont want to risk messing anything up being tired and whatnot. Aight Thanks again!

Well goodluck. But the only thing is that (on a personal basis) paritions hate me. I dont trust them, but thast my two cents. :p

12.30am here.. So goodluck man :D

Hope you stick around.. and by the way, welcome, LOL

Ok just a lil update for anyone else that might be having similar problems. Right before I began to format my harddrive I thought to go to the command prompt and run a chkdsk /r and guess what... it worked! So all of my problems are solved.

Back
Top Bottom